What's the role?
HERE enables people, enterprises and cities around the world to harness the power of location and create innovative solutions that make our lives safer and more efficient. We transform information from devices, vehicles, infrastructure and other sources into real-time location services that play a key role in how we move, live and interact with one another.
HERE is expanding its Platform services portfolio and is looking for a Sr. Principal Architect to lead the Design and Development of Services of the map-making system. The services provide the foundation for running complex extraction, derivation and content creation at scale through data management, processing and distribution services and APIs.
Your responsibility as a Sr. Principal Architect is to drive the success of the HERE Platform effort through driving deliberate, clear, and consistent software and system design, implementation and validation.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To be the technical lead for the teams and services you work on in an embedded manner. You will be an integral part of the Automotive Products Engineering group and work in close partnership with respective product and engineering management.
- Lead highly visible multi-disciplinary project teams or initiatives and provide thought leadership
- Proactively identifies and solves critical and complex problems and use ground-breaking methods to develop innovative solutions
- Influences internal/ external business and/or regulatory issues that have an impact on the business
Who are you?
- You bring a hands-on pragmatic approach and an analytical mindset with a sound theoretical basis. A background in developing complex distributed systems, infrastructure services or platforms and technology is very beneficial to be able to successfully lead the architecture work in the new platform.
- Domain expertise in at least one of the following: Perception/Simulation/Map-Making/Sensor Fusion is a must
- Ideally 10+ years of experience in delivering software products or systems in various roles, experience in lead engineer or lead architect roles as well as developing scale-out distributed cloud services are effective
- Expertise in event-driven architecture and highly-scalable distributed systems
- Expertise in Kubernetes and Docker technologies
- Expertise in CI/CD
- Expertise in architectural areas of security, network, high-availability, reliability, service integration patterns, etc.
- Fluency in OOP and FP (e.g. Java, Scala or Python)
- Experience with Flink, Spark, Kafka, Redis, Cassandra for high volume data processing is advantageous
- Experience with AWS services (e.g. Fargate, EKS, Kinesis) or other cloud providers
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to work with extraordinary developers
- Challenging problems to solve
- Work that makes a difference in the world
- Freedom to decide how to perform your work
- Variety in the types of projects
- Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
- Collaborative, supportive colleagues
HERE is packed with smart people from around the world. Our offices foster an open environment where good ideas are encouraged and embraced. We look forward to receiving your applications.