At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. We are responsible for accommodation growth, with clear ownership of all marketing, product and supply related to accommodations. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and most varied selection of properties.
About the Team
The mission of the Customer-Centric Data track (CCD) is to value customers, rather than transactions. To do this, we create data sets that are pivoted around customers. We then use those data sets to generate actionable insights around customer behavior - mainly by creating customer-centric data products that are used by dozens of teams across the company.
We are looking for a data-driven Senior Product Manager to drive these efforts. In this role, you’ll be working with the team to understand the best way to value each marketing touchpoint that lead to a booking. While doing this the PM would understand customer journeys across their lifecycle, develop and launch a multi-touch attribution model, prioritize the work of the cross-functional team, think about new use-cases, set the product direction for the team and maintain a strong network of stakeholders across Marketing, Product and Finance.
You understand the power of data pivoted around customers and operationalize the application of data in order to improve the company’s performance. Critically, you understand that the overriding goal of creating data products is to drive impact.
- Responsible for the Attribution team that has the goal of moving away from last-click attribution to a data-driven attribution approach by understanding customer journeys on different marketing and translating those insights to improve the customer experience, marketing strategies and financial reporting.
- Responsible for data analysis, experimentation, and reporting on their product to drive changes and improvements to the user experience.
- Is the primary driver for identifying significant opportunities, and driving product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals.
- Build business cases and supporting business models to be able to understand and explain the impact of the team’s work and model predictions on the wider business.
- Serve as the product team’s primary contact for information, work prioritization, and decision-making.
- Identify user needs through various methods of research (quantitative, qualitative, desk research, benchmarking).
- Works independently with coaching from senior colleagues.
- Network on operational, managerial and strategic level predominantly within own track .
- Actively participate in product networks and the community outside of own track.
- Participate in community and company wide efforts where needed (e.g. recruitment activity generating leads, doing phone interviews).
- Uses A/B testing or other multivariate testing to create the best product market fit for customers.
- Creativity and curiosity - A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Excellent communication skills - Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Strong analytical skills - Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Ability to thrive to work in a fast-paced, results drive environment with multiple responsibilities, whilst also taking the time for reflection on personal, team and product level
- Extensive experience working as a Senior Product Manager in a data-science environment.
- Have a proven track record of delivering resilient and high availability web products in high traffic environments.
- Proven experience of working effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Data-driven: The ideal candidate for this role is able and ideally has the experience to prioritize based on data and make decisions considering relevant data points; they use data to motivate decisions when challenged.
- Machine Learning Experience: The ideal candidate for this role has prior experience working with Data-Scientists or ML/AI products; they have applied machine learning technologies or predictive analytics to build new product experiences and shape company strategy in delivering a better customer experience.
- Customer focused: The ideal candidate for this role is able to identify and balance customer needs and business needs; they show a passion to identify and solve customer problems and they are able to convincingly advocate for the power of customer-centric thinking.
- Self-awareness: The ideal candidate for this role is able to reflect on past mistakes and sees failure as a learning opportunity.
- Strategic thinking & product leadership: The ideal candidate for this role is able to think about the long term and lateral impact of product ideas and has a vision for his/her team.
- Critical thinking: The ideal candidate for this role is able to evaluate ideas and solutions critically and objectively; they consider different sides of a rational argument.
- Problem-solving: The ideal candidate for this role is able to identify a problem and break it down into the smallest step required to validate a solution.
- Experience working with data on a large scale: The ideal candidate for this role has experience building data products at large scale.
- Commercial awareness: The ideal candidate for this role understands how their product affects the business results.
- Clear communication: The ideal candidate for this role is able to communicate ideas clearly & is able to explain previous projects in a sensible way.
- Strong stakeholder management skills: The ideal candidate for this role understands how to manage stakeholder expectations, align on a common vision and resolve conflicts.
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product, and seeing the real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast-paced environment and performance-driven culture.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe.
- A performance-based