At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
Booking.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of travel. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 198 offices worldwide, our 17,000 employees work hard to help make more than one million travel dreams come true every single day. As we continue to scale at incredible speed and embark on our next chapter, we are actively recruiting the next generation of product marketers, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of departments & products.
Being a Senior Product Marketing Manager is about scaling and improving products, features and services that help increase partner satisfaction, improve customer experience and grow the commercial success of Booking.com
You will operate from within the FinTech Product Department which is working closely with our increasing number of 1.7M+ partners across the globe.
We’re a truly global e-commerce company, with business operations in nearly every country and city on the planet. And we want to make it easy for everyone, anywhere in the world, to pay for their travel or do business with our platform – whenever and however it’s convenient for them.
Our brand new FinTech business unit – with teams in Amsterdam, London and Shanghai – develops new products and drives innovation to help us continue removing financial friction from the travel process. That makes buying and selling travel-related products and services simpler for both travellers and partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage all aspects of product marketing for our payment products, including: GTM strategy, new product launch, portfolio marketing strategy and execution, positioning, messaging, pricing, competitive research, internal communications and field enablement;
- Develop impactful global product marketing strategies that easily translate to enable regional channel marketing teams;
- Conducts market research and develop go-to-market strategies for our payment products;
- Formulates value propositions for partners to introduce existing/new products;
- Responsible to create the right tools and content per channel;
- Actively monitors commercial performance per segment / channel / geography;
- Prepares, implements and leads (commercial) projects within own commercial scope;
- Drives and leads the commercialization of our payment products.
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record of 8-10 years in product marketing role with a proven track record in taking end-to- end responsibility of marketing scalable products, from idea generation to execution;
- Ability to manage projects across multiple departments and stakeholders;
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and communication skills;
- Strategic thinker, able to balance long-term vision with short- and medium-term goals;
- Passion for solving problems creatively, starting small, failing fast, and applying your learnings;
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done;
- Fluent English speaker required, additional languages a strong plus.
In return, we’ll provide:
The position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance to you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam;
- Performance based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential;
- Trainings, regular hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences, when travel resumes;
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits;
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture;
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.