The IT Service Desk is an extremely important resource for any corporation; it provides employees with a central point of contact when having issues with IT services or equipment. Service Desks are staffed by personnel with broad technical knowledge and who can assist employees by trouble-shooting and solving their issues. OneDesk is Avantor’s centralised IT Service Desk, located in Bucharest. Providing a one-stop-shop for all IT assistance to both VWR/Avantor facilities and the individual employees. The service Desk Engineer will provide first level software, hardware and networking support through;
•Fielding incoming help requests by providing first level IT support to either provide First Line resolution or escalate incidents in a timely manner.
•Provide updates within the stipulated period and track open incidents until closure.
•Provide tech support over Phone/Emails and Chats.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Provide in-house IT support to end users via Phone, Email and Chat.
- Provide support in fluent written and spoken English and at least one other European Language as defined.
- Diagnose and resolve
1. Virtual / physical desktop support problems
2. Hardware issues (printer, iPhone/Android configuration and other peripheral devices)
3. Software (outlook configuration, OneDrive, OneNote, other MS applications.,)
4. Network related issues (VPN, WIFI etc.,)
- Install applications and updates through SCCM.
- Provide tech support by performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and taking necessary steps to provide resolution, providing clear communication and customer support.
- Administer and support user accounts on AD, Office 365 and business critical applications (SAP, Salesforce, QlikView etc.,)
- Correctly logging Incidents, categorizing and prioritizing them in line with process and follow-up until closure.
- Properly route incidents to resolver teams for out of scope issues and maintain updated knowledge base repository.
- Identify and prioritize incidents requiring immediate/urgent attention.
- Co-ordinate problem tickets with internal teams, POC for liaising with business users and the resolver teams.
- Handle Identity access management requests through Service requests.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and consistently achieve KPI targets defined for the process.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
- Provide 1st level support to users throughout the business via phone, chat, email, or ITSM
- Work on aligning SOP, knowledge- and document repositories
- Provide daily Status Report and escalations to Team Leader
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Business English and at least one otherBusiness language (the additional language can be either French, Dutch or German)
- English and the Additional Language to C1 or C2 Level
- 3 years proven experience in a similar role and size of organisation.
- Knowledge of supporting modern office products and Enterprise Management Software
- Experience in supporting end-users in a Microsoft Windows 10 / O365 environment
- Bachelors degree in an IT related field or combination of education and technical training
- A+/N+, Microsoft Certification is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of supporting mobile technology (both OS and hardware)
- Good knowledge in understanding networking protocols, fundamentals and architecture
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- High level of IT technical skills with extensive trouble shooting capabilities to identify root cause.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills in first and second languages (C1/C2)
- Knowledge on fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware and other equipment.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; excellent telephone manner, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience essential.
- Multi–tasking abilities & time bound performance.
- High Level of interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in a team.
- Customer Orientated and collaborative team spirit.
- Analytical & cognitive thinking.
- Process orientated approach and results driven.
- Natural aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Continual improvement and innovation.
- Independent Research and Learning.
We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation