Our guiding principle in the waters_connect Platform and API Team is to make an impact by helping our internal and external customers develop awesome applications, especially tailored for their needs.
Focused on project success, team sustainability and growth, you will constantly enhance your domain knowledge, working together with the customers to design the product they really need , using the technology trends in development and automatization, preoccupied by performance and security.
Building on a platform created using mainly C# and .Net technologies over several architectural layers, we create web applications and public APIs on top of this platform , optimizing the provided solution cross-OS and using small footprint client. The next steps are considering extending and building new functionalities on a Cloud-based platform.
If you are passionate about coding, loving challenges and you are always eager to learn and experiment new things - welcome in our team!
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
Read, write, test, and build code
Design, write, test, maintain, review, and improve code. You should be proficient working on complex tasks. E.g. medium to large scale, legacy code, variety of test-automation approaches and test execution environments, varying development models and technologies, complex build configuration tasks.
Work with project requirements
Collaborate with stakeholders to gain knowledge about product requirements. Be proficient working with user stories, product backlog refinement and the writing of acceptance tests. Ensure you understand the requirements of work in the current iteration, including the “why”. Be proactive to fill in gaps and resolve confusion in development requirements.
Be proactive and take the initiative with development work
You should be proactive in resolving ambiguity and questioning why with respect to the goals of the development tasks you work on. You should have the experience to decide what technical/testing approach to use for certain tasks, but also be comfortable collaborating with others, both within and without your team, when necessary to make progress.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the group
Contribute ideas to the continuous improvement of the team and be proactive in adopting and helping with team-level changes. You should take a lead with making changes happen in areas of interest or specialization.
Share knowledge and mentor
Look for opportunities to share knowledge and help others, both within your team and beyond. Encourage team learning. Help and guide more junior members when asked. You should have the experience and ability to teach some technical concepts.
Work within quality procedures
Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the Quality Policy and all applicable procedures. You should know the software development process you work with.
- You have a University degree (preferably in a science related subject or in engineering)
- You have previous experience on API design, developing and testing
- Experience in using REST architectural style, JSON and API design-first practices besides an in-depth programming knowledge
- Good understanding of cloud-based or web technologies
- Experience with Automated Tests related tools
- A plus could be experience in SaaS, Microservices, Docker or experience developing applications on cloud platforms
- Good communication skills, teamwork, analysis and decision making skills
- Familiar with Agile methodologies.
- You are fluent in English - speaking, reading, writing - Advanced Level
- You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences. You have an eye for software quality and can talk eloquently on a range of topics due to your experiences and also from reading and experimentation
- For you it’s more than a job. Among other things we’re strong advocates of creating quality software, and using the latest testing methodologies to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers