Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE BUSINESS:
As a Senior Software Engineer (Senior Associate) in Kainos, you’ll be responsible for developing high quality solutions which delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide. It’s a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with talented colleagues that will help you to learn, develop and grow as you, in turn, mentor those around you.
MINIMUM (ESSENTIAL) REQUIREMENTS:
• Proficient in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications
• Experience of applying development best practices and patterns in relation to security, scalability and performance
• Contributing to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation.
• Experience of design and development across multiple layers of an application
• Mentoring junior team members
• Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people.
• Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques
• Experience of debugging and troubleshooting live applications
• Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and with wider non-technical audiences
• Experience of multiple programming languages and data storage technologies
• Experience of balancing technical decisions with user needs and commercial constraints
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).