All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Senior Support Engineer - SOA Middleware-21000E1WApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems.
The Customer Support – Fusion Middleware SOA organization provides technical assistance for all ORACLE SOA suite products, to customers, partners, consultants and sales engineers, who are developing / running in production applications using the ORACLE SOA suite products.
Support Engineer will be responsible for the highest order of technical and political escalations in support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer and systems support of SOA suite software and systems.
- Troubleshoot and analyze databases, application servers and new technologies, with a focus on web servers and application servers (ORACLE Weblogic, IBM Websphere, IIS, Apache, JBoss, Tomcat), Windows and Unix system administration (Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP-UX), and Java Application Programming Interfaces (API’s).
- Interact with customers, partners, and software developers to provide technical advice and assistance.
- Work with Sustaining Engineering in prioritizing and resolving issues of the highest technical and political severity.
- Have the ability to analyze and resolve issues at the code level.
- Prepare other support engineers for support of newly released products.
- Identify and document product defects for Development Engineering and Sustaining Engineering.
- Review design specifications and external technical publications and provide feedback for product and document improvement.
- Minimum of 4 years software support/ customer service experience with products on Unix (Solaris, AIX, Linux, or HPUX) and Windows platforms
- Proven working experience in the following areas is a must:
------ Web servers and application servers ( ORACLE Weblogic, IBM Websphere, IIS, Apache, Jboss, Tomcat)
------ Java coding / J2EE/ Web services / Eclips
------ RDBMS (ORACLE)
- Working knowledge of ORACLE SOA products (BPEL, BPM, OESB, OSB etc.) is considered a major plus
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in all areas above.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues involving platform performance under load.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to read and interpret stack traces and troubleshoot issues involving system and process crash events.
- Ability to read and analyze network trace data in detail to understand and resolve inter server communication issues.
- Advanced customer support and communications skills.
- Ability to read and interpret programming languages at a code level (especially Java).
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple technical issues reported by customers
BS Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience.
Please submit your CV in English. Thank you!
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Regular Employee Hire