ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Social Media Specialist is part of the Social Media Team and the primary focus is delivering a flawless and cohesive execution of the communication strategy in social media and other digital touchpoints, in line with the business objectives. A secondary objective is identifying opportunities to engage with communities, both offline and online. Building strong relationships with users and identifying opportunities to engage with our communities and growing the user base.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Executes the social media strategy according to business objectives of BAT and coordinates the social media activity on all touchpoints;
- Coordinates creative agencies in order to deliver on time in full the social media assets and their deployment according to the plan and the yearly objectives;
- Builds a community around the brands, also actively engaging in managing and maintaining the social media activity, attracting and interacting with targeted virtual communities and networks of users on social media platforms;
- Executes social media campaigns, as well as other display campaigns from creation to reporting;
- Ensures communication of all brand activities across the teams in order to plan the content accordingly (considering events, special activations managed by other channels);
- Monitors competition and reports monthly on new developments;
- Proposes and executes different engagement mechanics in order to reach the yearly social media objectives and to grow the communities around the brands;
- Manages our social listening tools, analytics and planning;
- Collects feedback from consumers, providing summary analyses and recommendations for changes based on their input;
- Analyzes the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices in order to achieve the end results;
- Delivers specified outcomes and offers recommendations for improvement within own area of activity;
- Does social media listening, as well as research on competition or other best practice marketing cases in order to propose improvements;
- Performs assignments as allocated by direct manager within own area of responsibility as to contribute to the department results.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing, social media management, customer service, media relations, PR or integrated communications;
- Strong experience in digital media and social media platforms;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, fluency in Romanian and English (both oral and written);
- Strong creative skills, supported by analytical skills;
- Computer proficiency (PowerPoint, Excel);
- Flexible and collaborative, team first, proactive attitude;
- Ability to build winning strategies and execute flawlessly.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.