Job Description - Software Developer 3 (20000XLS)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Database MAA Best Practices team resides in Server Technologies comprising of top Oracle database engineers around the world. Our charter is to deliver the Oracle database HA, data protection and disaster recovery blueprints and best practices to help customers met their uptime requirements for all Oracle databases and applications. The MAA best practices help prevent, detect, tolerate and repair from all outages and provide a highly available, reliable and scalable solutions for all platforms. Exadata is Oracle's best MAA platform for its differentiated HA, data protection and quality of service capabilities. MAA team works very closely with Exadata and ZDLRA engineering teams along with other server technologies development teams like RAC, ADG, GoldenGate, ASM, etc. MAA is committed in delivering our architecture, configuration and life cycle practices to Oracle cloud.
MAA team responsibilities
- Generic MAA Architecture, configuration and operational best practices and solutions
- Exadata Best Practices (Architecture, Configuration, and life cycle best practices including exachk)
- ZDLRA MAA Best Practices
- Cloud MAA Best Practices (DBaaS, ExaCS, ExaCC and Autonomous Database)
- Network MAA Practices
- Exadata Security Practices
The MAA OTN website is our single external customer portal that contains our MAA documentation, customer case studies and best practices papers. Please refer to MAA OTN website: http://www.oracle.com/goto/maa
Our success is measured by the success of our Oracle customers using our MAA solutions.
Minimum Requirements for this job role
- 5 years of Oracle database experience helping Enterprise customer(s)
- Database hands on skills especially around database and system troubleshooting and administration
- GoldenGate setup, administration and tuning
- RAC setup and administration
- Good oral communication
- Self learner and ability to work with others and across different teams
- High desire to create MAA best practices. Refer to https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/high-availability/maa.html and especially for areas like "Database", "Exadata", "ZDLRA" and "Cloud"
Preferred Requirements for this job role
- Architecting and administrating large mission critical Oracle database systems
- Data Guard administration and tuning
- Exadata administration
- Preferred other MAA technologies experience
- Good written communication since our team creates best practice papers and solutions
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Yes, 25 % of the Time
:Regular Employee Hire