Job Description - Software Developer (JoinOCI-SDE) (2000134F)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) organization has a great opportunity for individuals to build and operate the suite at massive scale, where integrated cloud services are broadly distributed in a multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing best-in-cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
The Operational Development and Tooling team is responsible for building core internal operational solutions ranging from automation, to building efficient systems to support scalable processes, to providing creative solutions for other Cloud Service Teams in reducing operational load, which ultimately improves the Customer experience. We are looking for strong, talented developers to take on the challenge of engineering infrastructure solutions for scale, driving performance while providing high availability and resiliency to our customers. Your team will have diverse expertise in systems, networking, and software development to provide the stability, performance and reliability our customers come to expect. We work with multiple service development teams, identify cross-team issues with associated operational risk, and work with many teams across the organization to resolve underlying problems. With a mixt of engineering solutions, troubleshooting expertise, and general operational guidance this role also requires communication and organizational skills. You are the interface between Engineering Operations and Service Teams. The work delivered is mission critical and directly contributes to our customer’s success.
- Familiarity with core protocols (DNS, DHCP, HTTP, TCP)
- Proficient with communication skills (writing, organization, learning exchange)
- Most importantly, the aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting complex problems
- Familiarity with code versioning tools like Git.
- Background in operations-monitoring, alerts, etc. for large scale environments
- 2+ years managing large scale, highly distributed, services infrastructures
- 2+ years managing host virtualization technologies (KVM, Containers, Docker, etc)
- REST APIs
- Experience building solutions on the cloud public/private and cloud computing/networking patterns
- Knowledge of Linux internals and host-based networking
- Experience in production software development with Agile methodologies
- Expert troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with configuration management solutions such as Chef, Puppet, etc.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Regular Employee Hire