Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
As part of the development of the Secured Factory Services a services center is being created in Romania, to be able to do security audit and remediation plan on Thales Projects (internal assets and external customers).
Job summary :
The application security engineer is in charge of the following tasks:
- Perform security review of the source code, using manual secure code review and SAST tools;
- Perform security review of a software product and identify security risks exposed by the 3rd party libraries;
- Validate the identified security vulnerabilities using manual penetration testing techniques, if possible;
- Provide recommendations and advisory to the Product Team on fixing the identified security vulnerabilities;
- Participation in process improvement.
Secured Factory Services require:
- Master 2 in Cybersecurity or software development and algorithm (or an equivalent European diploma);
- Good experience in application security (Secured by Design, SSDLC, Pentest);
- Being familiar with industrial software development process;
- Good experience with Web technologies and protocols (Spring, MVC, HTML, HTTP etc);
- Being familiar with one or more relational and non-relational Databases ;technologies (MSSQL, Mysql, PostgreSQL, Cassandra etc);
- Being familiar with OWASP Top 10 and Web related security topics;
- Knowledge about encryption algorithms and protocols;
- Experience with SAST , SCA and DAST tools;
- Experience in Penetration-testing and SecDevOps activities is a plus.
- At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!