Your life at Ubi:
We are looking for a Software Tester on DCC Products that will look over an entire project’s lifecycle, provide first-line support and advanced tests, as well as be the central point of contact for the assigned product(s) within Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
The Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware, and online solutions used in Ubisoft games and services. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
You will be working in a fast paced international environment together with a team with a great passion for testing and quality on a wide range of specialized tools used for game development.
Your main mission:
- Identify and report software defects and usability concerns;
- Validate defect corrections;
- Support programmers in issue resolution;
- Create, maintain, and run test plans;
- Create and maintain test documentation;
- Create and send reports to stakeholders;
- Assist in defining acceptance test automation planning;
- Assist in implementing basic automated acceptance tests;
- Assist with first-line support for the product;
- Collaborate and coordinate with peers across the globe;
- Assist in training and/or producing tutorials to teach the basic features of the tools;
- Determine missing or inadequate processes in an effort to provide quality service.
The professional value you bring:
- Experience in a technical position;
- Excellent English Skills;
- Significant experience in Quality Assurance (troubleshooting, test);
- Knowledge of defect tracking software (Jira or similar);
- Knowledge of software testing principles and working methodologies;
- Knowledge of test management software (TestRail, X-Ray, or similar);
- Knowledge of test automation practices and software (TDD, BDD, Ranorex, Selenium, or similar);
- Familiarity with Source Control Management software (Git/GitLab, Perforce, or similar);
- Understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and production tools;
- Knowledge of computers Digital Content Creation tools (3DS Max, Maya, Motion Builder, Blender);
The personal value you bring:
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills and able to manage priorities;
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance;
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decision-making.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.