Sr. Backend Engineer in Constanţa

Amazon AWS (regular) Kotlin (regular) Backend (advanced) Java (advanced) TL;DRTHE BIZ:We’re building tools to help small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) manage and mitigate their foreign-currency (FX) risk. 96% of the FTSE 500 have hedging programmes in place to mitigate their foreign currency risk, while only 4% of SMEs in the UK do the same. We’re looking to help the rest of those 96% of SMEs. We’re well funded, with a $6.5mm seed from investors behind companies like Wise (formerly TransferWise), Klarna, N26, Stash, Xero.THE PERSON:We’re looking for experienced Senior Backend Software Engineers to help build and grow our product. The sort of people we’re looking to join our team like are outspoken and like to move fast. You should be product focused: what you ultimately care about are customer and product outcomes.THE ROLE:At Bound, engineers have a ton of autonomy as well as responsibility to drive our product forward. You’ll take part in both product discovery and product delivery cycles and have a real impact on the product and company as a wholeTHE COMP:Between 70,000 and 100,000 GBP, plus equity.THE LOCATION:Fully remote, or in-person in Soho, London (we have an office dog/vacuum cleaner, her name is Brooklyn.)About BoundBound’s mission is to make it effortless for businesses to deal with currency risk. Currency risk is when a business earns revenue in one currency and has costs in another. When a business has currency risk, it can lose money when exchange rates move around. Millions of businesses globally face currency risk every day. 96% of the FTSE 500 have hedging programmes in place to mitigate their foreign currency risk, while only 4% of SMEs in the UK do the same. We’re looking to help the rest of those 96% of SMEs.We are an enthusiastic team and have raised a $6.5mm seed in 2021 from investors behind companies like Wise (formerly TransferWise), Klarna, N26, Stash, Xero.We’re looking for a Sr. Backend Engineer to join our team at Bound. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in joining an early stage startup, or for engineers who love working on greenfield projects. As one of the first 10 engineers on the team, you’ll have the chance to have a huge impact on the product, the engineering culture and the entire company as we grow!The role is fully remote, with the option of doing in-person in our office in Soho, London. Compensation is between 70,000 and 100,000 GBP plus equity.Learn more about why Bound was started here!What You'll DoEnd-to-end delivery. For us, “building” happens from conception to the delivery of the feature to our customer, and often includes ownership of that feature after launch. We love people who like to be owners!Partner with a product manager to build new products and services from scratch, as well as iterating on existing productsSolve exciting technical problemsImprove our engineering standards and processesThe Ideal CandidateYou’re product focused: what you ultimately care about are customer and product outcomesYou're collaborative: you like working with other engineers and domain expertsYou’re curious: you ask “why” a lot, and will never do something “just because” You’re outspoken about your opinions and like to move fastYou have experience with strongly typed languages, as well as building RESTful APIs and event-driven servicesYou’re comfortable with ambiguity and things changing on a regular basis. Iteration happens a lot at this stage in a product’s developmentBonus! You have experience working with payment schemes or within the financial services/fintech sectorOur Stack at BoundWe work mostly in JVM based languages (Kotlin and Java). However, languages can be learned. What is important to us is that you have strong software engineering fundamentals, rather than your knowledge of particular frameworks or languages.Languages: Java & KotlinPersistence: PostgresArchitecture: RESTful and event-driven microservicesInfrastructure: We're hosted on AWS, and make extensive use of, amongst others, SQS, SNS, S3, ECS, Aurora, CloudFormation, CloudFront and CloudWatchProcesses: We believe continuous delivery is essential for moving safely at speed, so we deploy all changes to production automatically after running extensive automated testsOur Interview ProcessWe’re pretty flexible with our interview process, so we’re happy to have some of these interviews back-to-back if it suits you. Just ask!Quick thirty minute call with our recruiting team.60 minute call with the hiring manager to dig into the job’s responsibilities as well as your experience.Your option of a take-home test (60 min) or an in person business case interview.60 minute architecture interviewMeet with Dan, one of the co-founders of Bound! Use this as your time to ask us questions about the business, or what it might be like to work at Bound!We make you an offer!

Contact

Datele de contact vor fi vizibile dupa ce veti aplica!

loading...
www.mynextjob.ro folosește cookies. Navigând în continuare, iți exprimi acordul pentru folosirea acestora. Află mai multe Am ințeles!