Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Sr Strategic Planning Manager leadsthe global market and competitive analysis department for SPS, supportingresearch-grounded decision marking. Theideal candidate to lead this division has strong leadership and projectmanagement skills, high tolerance for ambiguity, strong research knowledge andability to develop strategic conclusions and point of views. The individualshould also be able to interact with C-level executives. Therole requires thorough understanding and application of: Customer and market requirements through expert use of Voice of Customer, primary and secondary research,
Customer segments to decide where to play and how to play questions, Vertical markets and value chain elements, Business and Go-to-market models, Pricing dynamics, Microeconomics, Basic marketing toolkit [market definition and sizing, segmentation, value management, targeting and positioning, pricing].
- Lead market research planning and execution; Drive analysis to “so-what's”
- Help team members design and execute impactful market research studies; drive to conclusions and actionable recommendations for the business
- Ensure the continuous dissemination of market and competitive intelligence trends in the organization, enabling informed and fast decision making; managing one single source of truth for market and competitive data
- Work with SPS Senior Leadership / Strategy Directors on key strategic initiatives driving growth and profitability
- Provide support to strategic processes e.g. Strategic Plan, Operating Plan, Growth Days, M&A; perform complex / strategic analysis integrating internal and external data analysis; Able to work with complex industries, business models and technology concepts
- Structure, prepare, and present well-designed and logical documents to senior management and command a senior audience
- Interact with external suppliers on report / data queries; develops relationships with external market research partners
- Perform voices of the customer surveys, quantitative surveys, gather insights from conferences & tradeshows
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, economics or finance, engineering or other technical background
- 10-12 years of working experience, preferably in strategy, market research, business analysis, competitive intelligence or related roles
- 3-4 years of management experience
- Excellent abilities in Microsoft Office, specifically: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding written and verbal English Language skills
- Ability to interact with C-level executives
- Experience in industrial businesses, software or service preferred
- Experience in a top-tier market research specifically in a B2B environment preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to identify patterns, to meaningfully summarize unstructured content
- Able to perform complex / strategic analysis; strong problem solving skills
- Strong secondary research capabilities
- Able to perform primary research (quantitative, qualitative surveys)
- Able to create market sizing models (top-down, bottom-up)
- End to end project management skills
- Strong knowledge of strategic marketing suite tools