Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Support Escalation Engineers (SEE) serve as Senior technical leaders for Microsoft customers and partners, via phone, email chats, forums and web. They deliver value by collaboratively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, promoting product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. SEEs contribute to the success of others through mentoring peers, delivering one-to-many education and advising Managers on the development of the Team.
• Help solve technically complex, strategic/high-profile or long-running customer cases that may require interaction with Software Engineering
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group/engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer/ engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams/Services/Support/Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
English Language: confident in reading, writing and speaking OR
Fluent in German/French/Italian and confident in reading, writing and speaking English.
Depending on your level of seniority and if you already have some knowledge of the following technologies (and wish to learn the others), you are the right person for this team.
• Good knowledge of Windows OS (Program Files, Control panel, where to find things, registry, Processes, services)
• Understanding of domain infrastructure.
• Understanding of general troubleshooting methods
• Good knowledge of Office 365 technology
• Good knowledge of Office Setup & Deployment process
• Good knowledge of Office Core applications: interface, usage/functions and troubleshooting (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio)
• Understanding of Office integration with different platforms: Windows, 3rd party network shares/OS, mobiles, SharePoint, OneDrive
• Technical literacy and hands on experience
Ideally, you might also be familiar with:
• Networking skills and familiarity with communication protocols (ftp, http, etc)