Discover ING Technology Center
ING Technology Center (ING Tech) is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, TouchPoint platform and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 1000 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
At ING Tech our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We believe that sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to make a better future for themselves and those around them.
Touchpoint Platform is a creative, innovative and dynamic environment where hundreds of employees collaborate to offer a differentiating experience of banking services.
As the first pillar to enable a direct universal bank, we(touchpoint program) are a global initiative with a strong European foundation, recognized as one of the most important and strategic program enabling the future of ING.
Our goal is to increase business ownership for the services delivered throughout the Touchpoint Platform products.
For this reason we are looking for a person to lead, coach and help with further development of our Product Owners(PO) and Customer Journey Experts(CJE) that are part of the teams located in Romania, working on different areas of the Touchpoint Platform, while still being able to cope with the PO responsibilities of the team he is actively working with.
By reuniting POs and CJEs we would like to harmonize the existing knowledge and efficiently distribute it across the chapter. This will lay the foundation that will enable us soon to take full ownership of several business services and become front runners for ING global initiatives.
The Product Owner Chapter Lead will have two missions:
- is actively involved in the product roadmap and management
- motivates and coaches his team to reach their full potential.
- You are a Product Owner actively contributing by spending 60% of your time in content tasks related with your product
- You help your team develop through coaching, mentoring and constant feedback
- Together with your IT Area Lead you set targets for each team member;
- You work with the recruitment team to attract, onboard and retain top talent
- You are responsible for people management related activities : 1 to 1 meetings with your team members , performance management, etc
- Drive your squad(s) as the Product Owner by providing the purpose, context, priorities, and direction to the team.
- Partner with the Tribe and Product Area Lead and peers (representatives of other squads) to create and maintain a product backlog that aligns with the overall product area roadmap to maximize the business value or return of investment (ROI).
- Understand the business requirements, functional analysis and change tasks.
- Participate in roadmap planning and portfolio planning meetings.
- Develop requirements throughout the product development in the form of Epics, Features and Stories. Facilitate refinement sessions to clarify and size requirements.
- Facilitate the team’s delivery by coordinating sprint activities like: planning sessions, retrospectives, and protecting the team and sprint against disruptions and impediments.
- Participate in daily scrums with the team to help ensure that work in progress will meet requirement goals.
- Write software development specifications and help estimate the complexity of user stories.
- Actively proposes improvements in implementation, standards and other work practices.
Knowledge and experience:
- Master degree or equivalent through experience within banking industry.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing) and storytelling capability in fluent English, clearly articulating the rationale, the value and links to defined strategy and goals to large groups
- Listen our producers and consumers, understand their needs and find elegant and simple solutions to develop new products and enhance existing ones
- Experienced in stakeholder management.
- A critical and analytic mind
- A born organizer and possess the necessary diplomatic talents.
- Able to work autonomously and output driven but also able to work in a team.
- Working experience with Agile framework processes( Scrum, Kanban).
- Able to adapt to different contacts, settings and changing working situations.
- Experience in working within an application development team.
- Integrity, communication, teamwork, ability to cope with change, planning and organizing, problem solving, and customer oriented behavior.
- Quality orientation/ attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure and to cope with tight deadlines.
- Willing to travel.
Nice to have skills:
- Work experience in banking domain;
- Good understanding of IT concepts (API development, microservices, security, different types of databases, container platforms);
- Experience with change management and incident management via Service-Now