As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
We are now looking for a vEPC Integration Engineer.
This role will enable you to become part of the Telecom Core and Cloud team and to experience what it means to be in the front line to deliver the newest technology to operators. Currently, most of our projects have 5G Stand Alone/NFVi/Containerization exposure, along with the opportunity to develop automation skills (e.g. with Ansible/Python/Jenkins for those inclined towards coding). This is the environment you will be working in today, but you will also be among the first ones to have access to future technology advances.
The assignment is for some of the largest, best known and most innovative telecom operators in Europe.
We encourage you to come along with us, craft the future, grow together and enjoy a great working environment.
- Cover different areas including virtual Core Network Deployments and adjacent Cloud Deployment;
- Start from solution design, continuing with integration, testing, and finishing with acceptance;
- Work closely with R&D;
- Explore new technology/technical areas and grow within a team who shares knowledge and enables competence build;
- Bring your recommendations to the table when it comes to new implementations;
- Work together with the team and the customer.
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Experience with EPC virtualized environment, including applications such as: EPG, MME, PCRF, WMG;
- Cloud architecture knowledge – OpenStack and knowledge in Ericsson products HDS/CEE would be an advantage;
- NFVi and networking knowledge;
- UDM understanding: HSS, CUDB or similar databases.
- Consultative approach;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Passion for improving, growth mentality;
- Pragmatic approach to various situations;
- Reliable team member;
- Availability for occasional travel;
- Professional level of English.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of fearless decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it! You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, and where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where appreciation and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless!
Also, we are offering:
- Contract type: full time;
- 25 vacation days/year;
- Medical & life insurance;
- Career plan mentoring;
- WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and proficiencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
- In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams.
What happens next once you apply?
Read about the next steps here. For your preparation and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 491582
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Technology, Engineering