Job Description - Web Application Developer (JoinOCI) (20000N1B)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Web Application Developer
This is an exciting opportunity to become a database and web application developer in the MyDesktop Services team. MyDesktop is a world class Unified Endpoint and Software Asset Management database and web application. It manages compliance, security, software and hardware lifecycles, and support for around 200,000 devices and 150,000 employees. You will be part of a team solving challenging problems by developing new database functionality and web applications to meet complex customer requirements.
MyDesktop Services continuously develop new technologies to assist Oracle employees and lines of business and is at the leading edge of technology for Unified Endpoint and Software Asset Management.
Our focus is to continuously expand functionality to enhance the product and upgrade the tool in line with current technologies and requirements.
- Spec, design, develop and maintain database and web applications efficiently
- Maintain up to date documentation of all applications
- Integration with other applications and services
- Analyse existing applications and develop improved functionality
- Update knowledge through researching new technologies and competitive products
- Provide final level employee support for MyDesktop Services
Required Skills / Experience (preferably 2 years’ experience)
- Advanced Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
- CSS3 & HTML5
- API design and integration
- Developing web applications under pressurised time constraints.
- Ability to apply programming knowledge to learn new technologies / languages
- Good communication skills to liaise with team members and customers globally
- Independent learning and motivation
- Oracle JET
- Java (or other OO languages)
- UI Design
- Mobile Application and / or Mobile Device Management development
- Security threat modelling
- Oracle (and other) technology stacks
- Agile Methodology
- Project Management
- Other Oracle software and tools
- Experience of a variety of projects and supporting a large base of users
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Regular Employee Hire