The Wind Electrical Technician I will perform maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions. Troubleshoot complicated mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch, variable speed turbines. Help in all areas of site operations as directed by manager with minimal supervision. Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions. Perform some diagnostic electrical analysis. Document all work performed using computer- based service reporting procedures. Requires you to apply your electro-mechanical skills and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnosis and repair on Wind Turbines
- Properly document work performed, including parts usage and time worked
- Perform quality control inspections on repairs and maintenance functions.
- Understanding of basic AC/DC electrical circuits and ability to T/S and conduct circuit analysis (24VDC, 166VDC, 120, 230, 400, 575, 690VAC)
- Prepare timely and concise reports regarding inspections to insure proper steps are taken to remedy any deficiencies;
- Interact closely with on-site maintenance and providing guidance and training when applicable;
- Be proactive for wind turbine counter measures or enhancements that may be needed and assist in the development of such procedure’s as required;
- Assist with installation and commissioning of Wind Turbines on an “as needed” basis;
- Assist with cost control management of the site to include
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Travel may be required
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
Required Qualifications & Experience :
- Diploma or Associate Engineering Degree in a Technical Electrical / Electronic or Wind Energy discipline from an accredited college or university (OR Technical Certification in Wind Energy with a minimum of 1 year of experience in electrical / electronic industry or wind field technician experience OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in electrical / electronic repair industry)
- Clean and Valid Drivers License
- Basic skills training to ensure knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization.
- English Proficiency Required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient with electrical test equipment and reading schematics
- Knowledge and experience practicing EHS and Quality Procedures
- Effective Communicator – works well in team environment
- Experience with recording data and data analysis
- Comprehend and retain provided safety training, and also be able to follow safety procedures
- Candidates must be able to climb a 300 feet wind tower multiple times per day.
- Candidates must be able to walk across the hub and, in the event of an emergency, repel off.
- Must be comfortable working at heights of up to 300+ feet.
- Must meet specific weight requirements of tower ladders under OSHA standards of 250 to 300 lbs. max, including personal protective equipment (approx. 30-35lbs).
- Must be comfortable working in confined space(s).
- Must be able to see and move throughout site to resolve work problems and facilitate processes; repetitive motion activities may be involved.
- Frequent climbing, walking, and standing, bending, kneeling, and squatting.
- Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight up to 50 lbs.
- Successful completion of the climb test and tower rescue training.
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles.