To qualify for the role you must have:
A professional accounting qualification (ACCA or equivalent);
Previous auditing experience (min 4 years).
Previous line management experience is advantageous;
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including good consultative and negotiation skills ;
Excellent relationships building skills;
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
Experience in identifying key risks, respective control strategies and ability to assess good control design;
Strong sense of ownership accountability and drive to deliver quality outcomes;
Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with emerging coaching and development capability;
Demonstrated a commitment to developing yourself and others.
*For internal candidates a minimum of a Strong rating in your most recent performance appraisal assessment. If external able to demonstrate achievements in the last appraisal year.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to gain international experience in our Audit Delivery Center. This role is key in supporting the Audit to deliver the strategic Go Global and Audit Transformation goals. This role requires a balance of utilizing your technical knowledge and translating this into a leadership capacity. The key component of this role is to ensure the successful performance of your team, focusing on reviewing and ensuring high quality, be effective at operational line management and contribute to continuous improvement.
You will be provided with the opportunity to deliver a global audit strategy with excellent exposure to key contacts across Deloitte Member Firms. You will develop strong, adaptable, management and leadership skills in an international setting enabling you to develop a highly desirable skill in a global employment market.
The role will include developing the team through management and training and establishing how the team runs through the implementation of processes and procedures that support the operation. This will include providing and receiving feedback on improvements to processes and procedures that support operations and we will rely on you to show initiative, be proactive and work independently to solve problems.
Location & Offer
You will be based in the Regional Audit Delivery Centre in Bucharest, Romania.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. Consideration will be given to more flexible/part-time working arrangements.
The primary responsibilities of the Team Leader are detailed below:
- Managing and optimizing your team’s workflow and utilization to ensure the allocation, completion and delivery of audit package work is to a high standard and quality within an appropriate time frame and effectively.
- Ensuring your team achieve their KPIs, identifying performance gaps and, through effective use of talent standards, supporting the team to address these. Pro-active management and monitoring of performance and address early concerns coaching and escalating where required.
- Supporting, advising and monitoring team members in the completion and delivery of a range of audit tasks and undertaking detailed reviews of their work.
- Building relationships with your Member firms and acting as the overarching point of contact for engagement teams in relation to the completion and delivery of audit work.
- Manage and deal with any issues raised by your engagement teams ensuring timely response and working in partnership with them to resolve.
- Pro-active day to day management of your team to include monitoring team attendance and addressing any issues, completion of the return to work discussions after sickness absence, correct allocation and booking of annual leave in adherence to local procedures.
- Overall addressing all the compliance matters within the team in accordance to RADC policies (Training, eLearning, Timesheet compliance, Professional Qualifications (ACCA))
- Monitoring staff welfare and support needs and addressing any potential issues seeking support if required.
- Assist with the development, review and delivery of training to your team providing guidance and mentorship to the center.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognized for their contribution.
- Participate in the recruitment process, interviewing potential new starters and supporting the review of assessment center/tests as required.
- Support with the implementation of the case management system (“the RADC Portal”) to manage the interaction between the RADCs and user MFs.
- Be pro-active in identifying and raising risks and escalate where required.
- Support and implement changes to audit work papers as Deloitte Way Workflow progress, highlighting any areas for further improvement.
- Helping to promote the delivery center through presentations and other marketing activities for chosen offices.
- Deputize for and assist the Senior Team Leader within the team as and when required.
- Act as a role model in the team by being compliant with all Deloitte`s Policy and Procedures.