DB Global Technology develops cutting-edge software applications for the Deutsche Bank’s global operations and represents a platform for highly skilled software engineers. The team members specialize in Software Application Development, IT Architecture, Quality Assurance and Testing, Functional/Business Analysis and Project Management.
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime Tech (RCA). Our RCA team is responsible for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive and effective risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery & Corruption as well as Anti-Fraud & Investigations.
Senior Business Functional Analyst
The Business Functional Analyst is responsible for ensuring requirements are captured, analyzing the impact of changes and supporting the business throughout the implementation process. The Senior Business Functional Analyst is also responsible for guiding Business Functional Analysts in the review and analysis of requirements and functional specifications to ensure quality of deliverables.
As a Senior Business Functional Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Reviews the business architecture outlining cost impacts and value drivers of feasibility studies and proposed solutions.
- Defines business, process, usability and data requirements in partnership and collaboration with the users.
- Formulates and creates functional / non-functional specification documentations in close partnership with engineering teams.
- Completes and elaborates functional design in accordance with the defined principles, blueprints, standards, patterns, etc.
- Supports the design and conceptualization of new business solution options and articulates identified impacts and risks.
- Defines acceptance criteria. Works with engineers to resolve functional issues arising from user acceptance testing.
- Creates/ Reviews business facing documentation (e.g. user manuals, solution briefs, functional summaries).
- Works with engineers to prioritize, trouble shoot and resolve reported bugs/issues/CRs (change requests) on applications.
- Works on data discovery, sourcing, modelling and analytics to support creation of data flows and models. This includes researching and profiling data sources in data categories of expertise.
- Creates models and reports providing interpretation and insight into business data and processes.
- Develops hypotheses to explain why usability, process, functional and data issues have occurred or are likely to occur.
- Communicates usability and business process improvement, through application of detailed analytics, pattern and root cause analysis. Leverages visualization techniques.
As a People Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Challenges behaviors which are inconsistent with the Bank’s values and beliefs
- Ensures all team members have an understanding and overview of a) the types of risk we face (financial and non-financial); b) our three lines of defense; and c) our risk management framework and governance.
- Ensure employees have SMART objectives aligned with the Division’s strategy plans
- Conduct performance reviews and ensure every individual receives actionable feedback
- Incorporate risk-related behaviors into feedback and performance reviews, commenting on positive behaviors as well as highlighting areas of improvement
- Manage underperformance issues seeking guidance from HR as required
- Ensure seamless integration of new employees into team through effective onboarding process
- Provide regular actionable feedback and coaching to team members (i.e. over and above performance reviews)
- Provide input and guidance to employee’s individual and career development plan; ensure they are captured in db specific tools
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives e.g. end-to-end process efficiencies
- Ensures that all team members know where to access the relevant policies, procedures and understand why it’s important to complete all mandatory training
- Identify training needs, adapted to each person specifics
- Perform regular 1-1 meetings with each team individual in order to understand their needs and provide adequate support
- Represent the team in various program/department meetings/initiatives
- Perform hiring related activities for replacements, team growth, team leavers
- Make sure that the team properly recorded their work and leaves, in various DB systems
- Ensure that all decisions are within agreed authority levels and / or budgets
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience in IT change projects and varying project / program environments (waterfall, scrum/agile, etc.)
- Experience working with business requirements through to system level functional specifications.
- Experience in business analysis, data analytics or UX (user experience).
- Experience in a financial domain (capital markets, transaction banking, and wealth management) and/or related support functions.
- Experience owning a product backlog, sprint planning, prioritizing stories and driving iteration content.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving experience and ability to grasp new concepts, provide insights and solutions.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Highly organized with ability to commit and prioritize work duties and tasks.
- Proven communication and documentation/presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in virtual teams and matrix/global organizations including appreciation of different cultures during collaborating and sharing.
- Ability to influence and motivate other team members and stakeholders through strong dialogue, facilitation and persuasiveness.
- Deep knowledge of methods and tooling for the Business Functional Analysis Profession.
- Deep knowledge of MS Office products.
- Deep knowledge of product backlog tools (Jama, Jira etc.)
- Ability to understand technical requirements and architecture documents produced in software development world;
- Basic SQL knowledge so the candidate will be able to perform simple queries
- Fluency in English (written/verbal).
- A degree from an accredited college or university with a preference for Computer Science (or IT related).
- A Business Analysis certification (and/or relevant work experience).
- Fluency in German is a strong nice to have (written/verbal).
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.