As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.For additional information, visit , or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.8x8 is in the process of changing, modernizing and consolidating our infrastructure, systems and deployment practices. We are a global unified telecommunications company and as such we have a global infrastructure consisting of multiple physical data centers and Cloud (AWS, OCI) regions. We are looking for someone up to the challenge to help us bring order, consistency, high availability and consistency across what we do on the data & database management side. The goal is to help us build shared infrastructure services and automate everything from a data services point-of-view, whether it’s a database, NoSQL, or something that holds data to be consumed by others. We’re looking at migrating our infrastructure to Kubernetes so almost everything we do should be done in Kubernetes as much as possible.
- Deployments: Define, design and deliver automated deployment application and systems for distributed compute and storage platforms in a public and/or private cloud environment.
- Develop and maintain systems configuration standards, security principles and conventions. Improve system availability, resilience and performance across multiple data centers and operations environments.
- Automation: Automated rapid system provisioning and integration tasks.
- Document, maintain and share systems design diagrams, standards, best practices, standard operating procedures, provisioning and configuration.
- Troubleshooting: Provide support/escalation to identify and resolve systems, storage and application issues.
- Proven experience in Linux systems administration, working with containers (Docker and Kubernetes preferred), working with virtualization technology (VMware preferred)
- Technical experience, knowledge and understanding of public cloud (OCI and AWS preferred)
- System configuration automation (scripting, Terraform, Ansible), monitoring, alerting, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning
- Proficient English language skills
- B.S. Computer Science or related field, would be a plus
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers,