Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The HW Engineer is responsible for supporting the Mixed Signal Applications Engineering groups activities including evaluation boards development, printed circuit board layout design, manufacturing, and validation of development tools/reference designs in the lab. This position will also provide support for ordering components, assembly, test and debug of new evaluation boards being designed. Responsibilities also include the testing and functional bench validation of devices.
- Technical assistance for Microchip’s analog-related products, mainly having a PCB hardware related responsibility.
- Assist the application teams with newly developed Reference Designs, Evaluation and Demo Boards to release it to manufacturing; verify and correct if needed the files required by the manufacturing process.
- Gather the relevant project descriptions and populates the board webpages.
- Help the applications teams with prototype assemblies.
- Interface the applications teams with the manufacturing division and the contract manufacturers.
- Write technical documentation for the new/existing products when needed.
- Give training when needed and share information across the applications teams.
- Update the component library with models used in new projects.
- Support Worldwide Customer Designs.
- Occasional travel abroad for short periods of time
- Bachelor Diploma in Electronics, Automatics or Electrical Engineering.
- Good background in PCB layout/design would be a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and written specifications.
- Knowledge about schematic capture and PCB layout CAD tools (preferably Altium Designer).
- Knowledge of PCB assembly and debug is desired or a plus.
- Ability to use equipment in the lab including oscilloscopes, meters, power supplies, and other measurement instruments.
- Basic digital circuit knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written abilities with the English language.