The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other's strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Department: Examinations Services
Contract type: Local standard, definite (maternity leave cover)
Duration: 24 months
Payband: Local PB H
Starting salary : 4 667.00 RON gross monthly
Starting date : as soon as possible
Role Purpose: The purpose of this role is to deliver efficient, effective operational coordination and delivery of Exams (planning, scheduling, logistics test day or post-test services) at the right cost and customer experience and to support continuous improvement in the efficiency / cost effectiveness / quality of service delivery / systems within the Exams unit. The role will adhere to agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the British Council and its customers at all times. To contribute actively to the increase of the volumes for exams, and to maintain close relationship with the test takers / closed centres / Test Partners. To work closely with the members of the team in order to deliver the agreed targets, as per current plan.
- Adding value to key accounts in a competitive environment.
- Motivating and driving team performance.
- Achieving sales targets.
- Upholding a customer service culture.
- Delivering business through a network of partner test centres (where relevant)
- Translate the agreed demand into capacity / resource requirements for venues, people and test materials to fully optimise operations and margins while maintaining service levels, maximising agility and ensuring contingency.
- Coordinate rolling 18-month single plan for all products down to Test Day.
- Coordinate and monitor the exams calendar and registration for all products, efficient session planning and timetabling and distribution of relevant documents to candidates and other stakeholders.
- Resource and book appropriate Test Day venues using BOSS and other relevant systems.
- Coordinate the safe storing and handling of confidential materials in accordance with compliance standards during the multiple exchanges in country. This includes movement and activities related to the primary storage area known as the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) as well as final preparations of the Exam delivery before and during Test Day.
- Oversee Test Day activities including preparation (stationery, uniforms, banners, IT equipment).
- Ensure timely scanning and submitting of exam papers to meet requirements for marking, processing tests results and other related post-test day activities.
Test Day staff coordination and deployment
- Use BOSS and other relevant systems.
- Coordinate the Test Day staff work reconciliation and payment of venue staff and examiners.
- Participate in the recruitment and management of Examiners and Venue Staff.
- Coordinate and escalate where required, risks or issue resolution, including coordination of customer communication directly or through customer services.
- Coordinate service delivered to B2B Customers with their registration entries, operations, system and technical issues and report issues and resolutions to the Business Development and Account Relationship functions in country.
- Support the delivery of our exams operations at B2B test centre level, working with new systems and processes and ensure that new ways of working are taken up and adhered to.
- Support the transition of B2B Customers to computer-based testing for some of our products.
- Task and coordinate others (e.g. third-party suppliers, external partners and internal colleagues) to complete activities in accordance with agreed service delivery / contractual / project milestones or requirements (e.g. cost schedules, time deadlines etc.)
- Support the planning process for contingencies.
- Manage remote relationships within country to ensure counterparts understand requirements and execute to plan on Test Day.
- Support EU / South Cluster Exams operations.
- Ensure all duties are delivered in line with the British Council´s policies on Child protection, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Health and Safety and Anti-bribery and these are considered when planning and delivering activity.
- Manage information created and received in compliance with the British Council´s information management standards, policies, the UK data protection principles and local legislation.
Finance related activities
- Check financial reports and prepare financial data for monthly reconciliations.
- Raise POs (purchase orders).
- Keep accurate records and administer post-test invoicing process.
- Keep acurate records about transfers and refunds.
- Contribute to effective, compliant financial processes and accurate financial information.
All tasks will be carried out to the satisfactoin of customers, in accordance with QCA and board regulations and by deadlines.
Minimum/Essential: University Degree in any subjest or qualification in a relevant field; Experience of administrative and organisational skills; Experience of successful customer and client management with track record of business results; Experience of leading smaller projects; Experience of budget management; English language skills to the CEF C1 level; Romanian language skills to the C1 level (as a minimum).
Benefits: Multicultural working environment; Positive and enthusiastic team; Free subscription to the library; 100% discount for English courses provided / offered by the British Council. This discount only applies to classes that still have free places at the close of (late) registration; 100% discount on any exam offered by the British Council / one single time / year / one single exam; A thirteenth monthly salary paid at the end of December each year; A private medical services package (Medlife or Regina Maria); Work phone and laptop; Professional development opportunities.
Additional Information: The post holder must have a pre-existing right to live and work in Romania. Unsocial hours may be required for coordinating weekend exams sessions. The post will require some travel around Romania for exam supervision.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.