The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide. For more information, please visit:
Job title: Genirail Driver
Based at: Romania - Alba Iulia or Deva
Alstom in Romania has been present for over 20 years employing today over 500 people. Alstom, registered major success in infrastructure, signaling and also services. The long term service agreement for the maintenance of the rolling stock of Metrorex is a major reference and shows the expertise of Alstom in this field. Alstom will continue to grow his business in Romania proposing further services for the local market and export, creating regional hub in Services and Signaling.
The Vintu de Jos - Simeria Project is part of the program of rehabilitation of the line “Vintu de Jos - Simeria” that is part of the European Corridor IV. The purpose of the project is to increase the running speed from 120 km/h to 160 km/h.
The Genirail Driver position, reporting direct to Site Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive pantograph dresine or platform dresine used in railways rehabilitation project
- Work on site for installation of OCS & PS equipment
- Lifting device operating from pantograph dresine
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for handling / use of instructional equipment on site (railcars, lifting, etc)
- Support of the installation and construction team if required
- Daily maintenance and inspection of plant before starting the works
- Report all hazardous situations occurred to the machine and prevent
- Masts erection with lifting device
- Handling lift operation from dresines
- Drive plants for works test and commissioning
- Drive plants for works installing electrifications equipments
- Delivering this workload within the schedule defined by Site Mater and Team leader.
Qualifications & Experience
- Medium level education
- AFER Certification for handling railway vehicles
- Validated experience in driving railways vehicle
- Authorization for crane and lift operation would be a plus
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry.