Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions
of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join
us, and you’ll be part of the Global team, sharing knowledge, experience
and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as
a global leader in the rail technology. Your work will have a truly
human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping
people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
in reach and global in outlook is the governing mentality of
Bombardier’s HR Operations Centre. Where else but Cluj to better apply
this vision, a city thriving on new perspectives and innovation. Locally
we engage globally by bringing new standards in employee and candidate
experiences. Every aspect from talent attraction, selection, global
mobility, training and payroll are managed in Cluj for 12,000 employees
For our HR Ops Center based in Cluj-Napoca we are looking for a:
Head of L&D Services
Services provides training needs analysis, planning, delivery and
reporting services for EMEA countries and global programs, supporting
20,000 employees and 5,000 managers.
You will be responsible for
the smooth delivery of these services to meet business and regulatory
requirements, ensure an agile organisation to engage and deploy new
strategies and programs – using experience and specialist know-how to
innovate and continuously improve quality and return on investment.
L&D Services Manager will be also accountable and responsible for
the strategy to integrate the HR Ops Cluj L&D Team into a future
wider L&D Organization.
Achieve Business Results
• Support Training Needs Analysis and ensure effective training / learning plan is implemented for each country supported;
• Validate and approve training requests;
• Support local negotiations with employee representatives;
• Ensure and plan that delivery meets regulatory / negotiated requirements for each site/country supported;
• Operationalize and deploy global / regional / functional programs into country plans / budgets;
• Monitor training / learning costs and attendance against budget / plan and take action to achieve targets;
• Support managers and employees in country to make effective decisions re training / learning (Development Advisory Service);
• Source and implement local programs to meet local / individual requirements where available programs do not meet the needs;
• Develop and deploy on the job learning frameworks and e-learning to meet business demands;
• Manage team capacity, languages and skills to meet business demand.
Strategically Improve L&D Service Delivery
Maintain catalogues and plans in line with BT priorities, competencies
and programs, ensuring that up to date information is available and
content supports the agreed learning strategies for BT;
Continuously improve return on investment in training / learning with
functional specialists in BT Core Functions and Regional Leaders and
• Implement, maintain and improve standard, effective, user friendly processes and systems to support L&D service delivery;
• Ensure effective and continuously improving employee, manager and HRBP communications using standard BT tools;
• Integrate the HR Ops L&D Team into a future wider L&D Organization.
• Manage the purchasing, approvals, payment and recharging process for training / learning services delivered;
• Ensure all training / learning is costed and priced appropriately in the LMS;
• Work closely with NPR to ensure best pricing of external resources / programs for BT;
• Meet and report on BT requirements for cost reduction if required.
• Hire, develop and retain the best talent in the local market;
• Manage performance and continuous learning for all members of the team;
• Provide structured knowledge management and skills programs to enable effective team performance;
• Proactively engage in Talent Development for all HR teams in Cluj;
• Role model and excellent Customer Service in dealings with all internal and external customers.
HR Ops Center Management Team Member
• Fully participate in the development of Cluj operations and talent to meet EMEA business HR needs;
• Contribute to the development of the L&D Strategy for BT;
• Support / implement continuous improvement activity with other Talent Management stakeholders and other HR workstreams;
Personally, act as the senior specialist advisor in the Operations team
for escalations and issues regarding L&D activities.
Customer Relationship Management
• Develop and execute action plans to continuously improve customer satisfaction levels;
Manage and develop use of the Case Management Tool (Salesforce) and
telephony systems to enhance the customer experience – and develop the
LMS to meet operational needs.
• Education required: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or other HR related field (Masters preferred);
• L&D and other HR qualifications are a plus;
• Foreign Languages: Business English at a proficiency level;
• Working experience: 4-6 years L&D experience in a complex international environment;
• Experience of project management and operational improvement;
• People management experience;
• Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position / role.
Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the
broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail
solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The
company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology
and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier
Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility.
It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for
operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin,
Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its
products and services operate in over 60 countries.
interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation?
If so, submit your application by visiting our Career Site or Facebook