The HR Business Partner will provide strategic counsel, act and serve as an organization design and change management advisor, and offer day-to-day HR guidance to the Global Technology Hub (GTH) employees (approximately 50-100 to start, reaching 350+ over several years) based in Bucharest, Romania. They will be an integral part of the HALO project team responsible for planning and implementing the establishment of this new location and team, whose goal is to serve the global business with critical and competitive technology skillsets in this new market.
Leads the talent strategy in line with strategic imperatives of the business. Ensures the employer branding/attraction, selection, development and retention of talent with a focus on capability building and diverse perspectives. Consults, challenges, advises and educates the business on HR and change management best practices. Fosters a high performance culture and the values of the organization. Strong collaborator across the business unit as well as with HR COEs and HRBPs in support of effective and efficient HR Service Delivery to the organization.
As a critical member and leader of the HALO project and GTH implementation team, the Director of HR will be expected to:
Project Support & Market Entry
- Provide insight into project planning as lead HR voice for local team and GTH organization.
- Question implementation activities and identify risks based on overall IT & corporate strategy, dependencies, local relevancy, and resource constraints.
- Pro-actively offer solutions to ensure project continues to move on time and on budget.
- Pro-actively connect across workstreams, especially with global HR, benefits, systems, comms, change, and recruiting.
- Serve as a key point person with recruiting partner for employer branding and recruiting approach.
- Support workforce planning and org design in partnership with global HR and Bucharest site lead to ensure steering committee continues to be updated/aligned and Employee Cost Committee approvals are on time.
HR Process and Policies
- Identify, create or revise policies to ensure harmonization across the GTH and EMEA team, taking into account global corporate strategy and local relevancy
- Partner with Legal and HR Lead in EMEA to submit government requirements for hiring/labor compliance
- Partner with Global HRBP IT and HALO project manager and Site Lead to create integration checklist for all global teams hiring in Bucharest’s GTH ensuring all employee-related items are captured
- Coordinates with EMEA Total Rewards team to confirm compensation and benefits packages are fair, competitive, align to market practices and tech hub environments.
- Partners with Tenrox project leads to understand and promote time-tracking tool as part of daily work in GTH.
Recruiting & Onboarding
- Leads talent strategy/management for all functions as part of the Bucharest GTH including: Ensures all employees are hired by desired function & start date, discerning recruitment approach needed to meet timeline Guides functions on talent landscape in Bucharest providing education on salary ranges/skills and capabilities that can be found within market and time to fill desired roles Ensures all new role descriptions are reviewed, graded by compensation and filed with the government as required Collaborates with global mobility to update and maintain list for all employees; Partners with global mobility to ensure all visas are filed in a timely manner Ensures all employee related data (org/job strings) created and loaded into system Partners with Budapest-based HR Shared Services to ensure all employees complete onboarding paperwork and are added to HR Connect, performance, benefits, and payroll systems
- Oversees SOWs for all employee-related items partnering with vendors, IP and Site Lead (i.e. payroll, benefits, training) to confirm efficiency, effectiveness and scalability Partners with recruiting vendor to ensure scoped activities are delivered in a timely and effective way, including hiring events, employer branding investments, interview process, assessment of candidates, calibration of assessments, offers to be extended, acceptance, welcome activities, onboarding. Partners with recruiting within ELC and vendor to ensure virtual interview platform and assessments are configured properly and are competitive within market standards.
- Partners with Change Lead, Global HRBP and Site Lead to develop OneSource Training Academy Partners with Change Management lead to design change management program(s), including communications, training, and leadership development, to facilitate moving to the GTH, processes, policies, and technologies
Talent Management and Ways of Working
- People Leadership & Ways of Working Advisory: Solves complex business issues and employee relations issues strategically and thoughtfully. Pro-actively identifies employee issues/trends and advises managers on appropriate actions and solutions. Creates a culture of engagement that values inclusion & diversity, and demonstrates fair and consistent management practices. Provides advisory and consultation to business leaders to drive business performance through an integrated approach aligning business strategy with organization design, change management and integration practices, and ensures this alignment extends to all aspects of the talent management framework in GTH.
- Performance Management: Partners with Bucharest IT site team to develop and cascade business goals for performance management process Provides guidance to Managers on the preparation and delivery of performance reviews and ensure timely completion. Reinforces awareness and application of the leadership competency model as a tool for providing feedback. Educates managers on performance rating distributions in order to distinguish top talent.
- Talent Development: Understands the cross-functional interactions required to complete processes and skills and capabilities needed for each function that will allow for employee development and movement cross functionally Assesses and identifies competency, knowledge and talent gaps in partnership with HR for IT & EMEA and GTH leadership to develop specific programs for capability building. This may include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and cross development programs for preparing employees for increased responsibility and broader understanding of their roles and the business. Ensures identification of and investment in top talent. Provides monthly talent/performance management scorecard information to Global HRBP and GTH Site Lead for visibility into business operations and talent performance Partners with Global HRBP and GTH Site Lead to develop career pathing plans within each function and cross functionally
Organizational Design and Scaling
- Collaborates with business leaders on organizational design to optimize efficiency and effectiveness in support of achieving business goals
- Conducts Work Activity Analysis to understand work being performed and utilize findings to design processes and an organization structure that minimizes handoffs and drives efficiency and effectiveness; Partners with Office of the CIO and Portfolio Managers on evolved project allocation and tracking of deliverables to be consistent across the global function
- Designs HR processes which support business requirements while considering end-to-end process synergies and minimizing handoffs
- Becomes an expert in GTH Vision, Mission and Values to ensure all we do is aligned and fuels IT & ELC’s growth
Change Management & Communications
- Work closely with Change and Global Communications to ensure we are marketing and communicating to key stakeholders
HR Functional Competencies:
- Business knowledge Processes broad and deep business knowledge Leverages industry and competitive knowledge to make strategic decisions Provides thought leadership and uses influence to make business recommendations, improve efficiency and lead change Articulates and applies financial management principles, business drivers and short and long-term needs to increase profitability
- Customer focus Anticipates the needs of internal and external customers Resolves complex challenges with High-Touch support in innovative ways Sees “big picture” organizational needs and makes related strategic decisions Maintains strong relationships with customers and empowers others to do the same.
- Data analytics and decision making Influences the key metrics to be identified and measured. Is a leader in using data to make decisions and enables teams to make decisions appropriate for their level. Combines principles of inquiry and facilitation to generate a deep understanding of information and data. Uses data to develop solutions that drive business success. Takes calculated risks that positively impact performance and the direction of the business group and/or organization.
- Employee relations Implements policies locally and/or globally, and influences people practices to mitigate risk. Proactively maintains strong relationships to drive employee engagement and performance
- HR Partnership Strategizes and influences initiatives across the Talent Management Framework Has in-depth understanding of how HR policies and practices contribute to the overall performance of the business. Aligns HR strategy locally to support the Company’s vision and values globally. Proactively looks for ways to strengthen HR interdependencies and points of connection (across Brands, Regions, Functions Channels )
- Talent Management Champions people-processes at all levels of the organization and actively promotes talent movement and succession planning Provides thought-leadership to develop strategies and promote people-processes to attract, engage, develop and reward talent. Drives best-in-class talent development that fosters a culture of learning to support a pipeline of future leaders Strengthens capability building and organizational effectiveness by modeling behaviors that inspire engagement, commitment and performance among individuals and teams.
- People Investment Understands how internal financial management and information impact the organization Applies financial and business methodologies to manage work-related costs Stays abreast of market trends that may have a financial impact on operations and its workforce
Champions actively planning for workforce trends and builds scenarios to determine appropriate people investment strategies.