We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job title: Installation Supervisor
Based at: Sofia, Bulgaria
In Central Eastern Europe, Alstom is Number 1 mobility player with 7,000 people in 20 countries and over 10 industrial sites.
For almost 30 years, Alstom has been an innovative pioneer playing an important role in Romania’s transition towards a modern and sustainable railway transport. From state-of-the-art digital rail control, to infrastructure and electrification projects, along with metro trains and the long-term maintenance of the metro fleet in the country’s capital city Bucharest, Alstom is constantly making a difference in the mainline and urban rail transport in Romania.
In Bulgaria we manage several projects including a major contract to design and install an ERTMS signalling and telecommunication system along the Bulgarian 300-km Plovdiv-Burgas railway line (one of the most important rail signalling projects in Europe in recent years).
Through the diversity and complexity of its projects, Alstom is a very attractive employer for the young generations of specialists, giving them a unique chance to professionally grow in an international environment with access to worldwide knowledge and capabilities.
The installation supervisor carries out safely and in a timely fashion all installation works in accordance with processes and approved procedures, to ensure functionality, integration to the system/railway and compliance to standards, regulation and local law. Ensure documented modifications are implemented efficiently. Ensure all required installation drawings and instruction changes (including modifications) are adequately recorded, reported and approved. Ensure identification of non-conformities, defects, and workmanship issues, in designated tools (e.g.: Maximo). Ensure the as-installed configuration is adequately recorded in designated tool and non-conformity raised for missing information/designation. Ensure that team members have the proper credentials, training and supervision for the intended works. Is accountable for the safety of team leaded and will conduct work planning, pre-work safety brief, post work debrief and escalate matters as required.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Prepares installation activities, e.g. Plans and installation manual, document binder, time tables, test areas, records, tools, etc.
- Identifies which documents and inputs are required to be received from Engineering
- Participates and supervises installation and installation inspection
- Acts as support for Sub-suppliers with regard to installation matters
- Reviews weekly installation reports
- Reports NCRs whenever is necessary
- Reports installation progress to Site Manager
- Fills in installation records and handover to the Test Leader
- Ensure all installation data is adequately recorded in BT designated tool(s) (e.g.:Maximo)
- Participates in the project preparation, creating the installation plan and manuals
- Ensures work is carried out according to local site rules
- Implements and enforces HSE requirements on site with the support of HSE team representatives
- Ensure team members have the proper credentials, training and supervision for the intended works
Experience & Qualification:
- Engineering degree or equivalent strongly recomended
- Typically five-year experience as installation supervisor
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience
- Computer knowledge: MS Office
- English language – advanced level
- Bulgarian language – mother tongue
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.