Verifone is looking for a strong technical engineer who has vast experience on building scalable Java based microservices and will contribute to the growth their existing Alternative Payment Methods (APM) stack.
Verifone has developed in-store payment solutions to enable its clients to accept global and domestic Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) in the United States and across Europe. Alternative payments are traditionally QR code-based payments, where a consumer scans a QR code presented to him/her at a merchant or when the merchant scans a QR code on a consumer’s phone to authorize a transaction. Upon scanning, the transaction routes outside of the traditional card acquiring and authorization rails and is authorized by the alternative payment provider.
What you`ll do: You will be a part of highly motivated and tech savvy team who has been delivering APMs to entire Globe since few years. No such boundaries/Silos for the member and transparent team culture allows everyone to showcase their knowledge/expertise in all phases of SDLC.
- Deployment of scalable systems with architectural requirements for high availability, high throughput, low response time, etc.
- Documentation / design documents / Open API v3
- Execute end-to-end software development and deployment in an agile environment that greatly values CI/CD
What you need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in Java software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or the equivalent in working experience
- Knowledge of Java Core (OOPS- Multi-threading, collections, Algorithms and Data structure, Design patterns)
- Knowledge of Spring (Spring IOC / Spring Boot / Spring Cloud / Spring Integration)
- Experience working with JPA Hibernate, RDBMS(MySQL/Oracle) and NoSQL Experience (Mongo DB), Rest API (Consumption and build) and Micro Service Design Principals
- Good understanding on Enterprise Distributed Streaming models like Kafka
- Experience with Maven, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI), JUnit
- Strong in Backend development concepts
- Experience with cloud-based services, AWS is a plus
- Familiarity with Linux or UNIX operating systems
- Hands on experience with tools like Jira, Jenkins, Git, Confluence, Artifactory, etc. is a plus
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum Software Development practices
- You are logical & analytical with a problem-solving mindset (involving coding)
- You pay great attention to details and you can work with minimal supervision
- You are team player and self-driven, with the ability to learn new tools and technologies independently
- You display excellent communication skills in English
Why you’ll love working with us:
- The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art payment applications software
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
- Bookster subscription
Discover our latest available offers !