Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Junior DevOps Engineer (minimum 1 year of experience in the field)-Security Business
Thales Services works on outsourcing operations for more than sixty costumers. We support our customer’s system with the MRO activity. Our activity is based on on the MRO, development of the IT to support applications, transformation of existing applications to the cloud, Secure hybrid outsourcing, apply security audits on paltforms and plan remediations.
As junior DevOps Engineer, you are seen by the members of your team to be not only a pillar of strength but a source of motivation and inspiration as well. You should be someone whom is savvy with Linux Operating System and have worked with development teams to help them build up the infrastructure. You have prior managing system experience before you adopted DevOps as this experience would allow you to quickly understand the needs of stability, safety for a cloud or hybrid platforms. You should expect the role to be part of a global effort to support our customers on their IT. You should be someone who is passionate about automating, trouble-shooting, robustness and reliability, trouble-shooting network and system configuration, monitor and manage systems.
- Work in an Agile Team as an active member able to manage all the systems problem of cloud or hybrid infrastructure.
- Platform administration, system update.
- Monitor platforms and act anticipatively.
- Working knowledge of platform administration, operating & maintaining Linux OSes (e.g. RedHat, Ubuntu, Slackware)
- Working knowledge of one or more system-level programming languages like BASH, ZSH, Python, Ruby.
- Knowledge in Ansible
Would be a plus:
- Working knowledge of IaC stack e.g. Ansible, Kubernetes, Terraform etc
- Working knowledge of McAfee, Kaspersky, ePolicy Orchestrator, OpenVas, SpaceWalk, Graphana,
- Agile methodology
- CI/CD : Keycloak, Gitlab, Jenkins, Nexus and SonarQube
- Has experiences working with virtualized or containerized environments (Docker)
- Working knowledge Windows
- Able to configure network on the system an check connections
- English fluent
- Strong team player
- Be autonomous and proactive on your tasks,
- Teamwork and knowledge sharing.
- Sense of responsibility
- Good communication skills
- Has a continuous learning mindset and learning of new paradigms, techniques & practices in build-test-release cycles and software automation
- Understand the necessity of stability in the infrastructures.
- At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!