MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB The Language Coordinator will support the client account teams on language quality related tasks and will be liaising directly with vendors and client contacts on language quality tasks, ensuring high quality deliveries to Welocalize clients. The Language Coordinator will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Language Quality. MAIN DUTIES The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this role: Quality at Source Ensure that all existing glossaries, style guides, instructions and other reference materials are up-to-date and timely distributed to the translation teams and language quality assurance (LQA) reviewersProvide input on management of existing linguistic assets (glossaries, style guides, TMs, etc.), processes and related issuesVerify integrity and usability of new client assets before distribution to all the teamsAssist Program team in defining and recommending language quality strategy (with support of LPA where required)Work with Talent Management/Talent Finding team in defining and sourcing the appropriate translation resourcesSupport the program team in onboarding new resources to accountsManage all language quality escalations with translation resources, including full investigation, corrective actions and resolutionQuality Assurance Scheduling and ExecutionOrganize LQA schedule with translation teams and reviewersReview number and type of client changes received for all languagesVerify that LQA feedback and client feedback are clearly understood and implemented in files, TM and any other deliverablesManage LQA and arbitration process with translation teams and 3rd Party reviewers / client reviewersWhen arbitration process applies, update LQA and client feedback resultsTrack monthly and quarterly vendor performance results against target in the systems availableWhere necessary, assist the Program Team in facilitating calls with vendors and client reviewers. Analytics and Reporting Collect, monitor data on quality and vendor performance, produce statistical quality reports and create related documentationEscalate to Language Program Architect if resources do not perform, remediation efforts have failed, and a replacement team is neededReport on quality trends as required by the Language Program ArchitectActively participate in the team meetings on improvement initiativesActively manage workload and capacity reporting to LPA on a weekly basisIn addition, any other activities that arise in relation to Language Quality and are necessary in order to support the evolution and language quality in any account.
- Education Level
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university in Business, Localization or Translation studies or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Project Coordination or Language Leading in the localization industry.
- Results driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels
- Fluent language skills in required languages (both written and spoken, in a wide range of registers).
- Good understanding of the overall localization business
- Team player with the ability to problem-solve, show initiative and influence others
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer literacy skills and strong inclination to use technology to collaborate in a community, collect feedback, analyze data and automate data management steps. User of tools to manage metrics and reports.
- Good understanding of how Translation Memory tools and Translation Management Systems (TMS) work: (processes, tools, schedule and budget impact) Understanding of Machine Translation (MT) Post-editing is a plus.
- “Can do” attitude
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Key competencies:
- Strong Company & Industry Awareness
- Shows excellent Time Management skills
- A Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle approach to tasks and workloads
- Takes Ownership of deliverables
- Is Accurate when providing information and Follows-up on all commitments
- Demonstrates capability to beSelf-Sufficient