This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
We are looking for a passionate Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via phone, web, email and other support channels as required. A Support Engineer at Microsoft is an exciting and challenging role in the resolution with highly complex, technical, and critical incidents related to supporting customer development and deployments.
This role will be an awesome opportunity to learn and enhance your technical knowledge by troubleshooting various technical issues through effective customer interaction. On a daily basis, you will resolve the most difficult technical customer issues and critical situations, often through collaboration different teams globally with various technical specializations by interfacing with various levels of management within customers, Partners, and Microsoft.
We are looking for talents that:
- Possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical specialty from the ones listed below and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, strong communication skills and ability to develop strategic on going customer relationships.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations
- Enjoy team work and actively contribute to their peer group as well as our customer account teams.
- Build business relationship with key customer contact and TAM and enhance the trust.
The successful candidate should demonstrate great accountability, customer obsession and technical leadership. Beyond troubleshooting complex technical problems and managing critical situations, the candidate should be passionate of driving bigger impacts – being increasing customer values, improving diagnostic tools and/or driving product feedback.
Customer communication and incident management.
- Accountability and teamwork.
- Driving Cross-team engagement/collaboration.
- Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information quickly: explain customer responsibilities in resolving issues, communicate next steps and status and inspire confidence.
- Handle challenging and politically sensitive customer situations, including the appropriate use of all available resources, communicate effectively with Support teams on complex issues.
- Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing; familiarity with fundamentals of cloud computing.
- Full Professional Proficiency of English language and German/ French/ Spanish/ Italian/ Portuguese both verbal and written.
- Knowledge/experience in one of the M365 Technologies:
- Deep understanding in Exchange architecture.
- Deep troubleshooting skills with Exchange.
- Administration and/or support experience with Exchange Online environments.
- Troubleshooting skills with Exchange Transport and Client Access.
- Foundations knowledge on Networking, Protocols, Authentication (Basic, Kerberos, NTLM) and PowerShell.
- Experience working with Office 365 Directory Synchronization tool (DirSync), Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect tool (AD Connect).
- Experience working with DNS - Types or records, record creation, DNS management, DNS troubleshooting.
- Experience reading network captures/analysis.
- Experience with Migrations to Exchange On Premise to Exchange Online.
Support experience of investigating complex SharePoint issues relating to performance, administration, site configuration and customization.
- Experience of using support tools such as Fiddler, HTTPWatch, NetMon, IE Developer Tools.
- Functional knowledge of using PowerShell, ability to write complex PowerShell scripts.
- Good general networking knowledge including DNS, TCP/IP, Sub-netting.
- [Strong] network and/or VoIP experience with underlying technologies such as Routing & Switching Protocols, TCP/, DNS, QoS, SIP, VLANs, and WAN protocols and technologies is ideal.
Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory.
- Experience in Office 365 Authentication and voice offerings (Audio Conferencing, Phone System, Calling Plans, Direct Routing, knowledge of voice protocols such as SIP, as well as Azure AD Connect.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data captures and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments specific to authentication, network connectivity, messaging, SIP or VoIP, Unified Communications.
- Experience working with network captures/analysis tools: Netmon, WireShark, HTTPs decryption tools.
Directory Services (ADDS, DNS, GPOs, OUs)
- User and Identity Management (Active Directory/ Azure AD)
- Access Management such MFA, Conditional Access, Device, and application management
- User Provisioning (AAD connect)
- Development of applications using Single Sign-On (SSO), MSAL, or similar authentication libraries and technologies)