Describe the principal mission of the position
- Lead and manage several autonomous teams (APT) and all logistics areas including the raw materials, components and finished goods flows, storage locations (inside and outside) and external warehouses.
- Make sure that Quality, Cost, Delivery, Involvement and Safety standards are properly implemented.
- Is involved in any action aimed at improving theses standards.
Highlight the main responsibilities
- Lead and manage several autonomous teams (APT) and all logistics areas including the raw materials, components and finished goods flows, storage locations (inside and outside) and external warehouses:
Manage all APT in his sector
Manage the workload of his area and optimise the allocated resources
Improve continuously the expertise level of the his people, and their polyvalence, apply all Valeo management tools: flexibility, multiskills, training schemes, salary review, appraisal review.
Motivate the APT in order to develop initiative and improve performances. Leads PSG and VPS workshops.
- Make sure that Quality, Cost, Delivery, Involvement and Safety standards are properly implemented:
Make sure daily Quality, Costs and Delivery APT targets are fulfilled. Co-ordinate correctives actions.
Mesure daily QCDM and propose action plans to improve them .
Define and follow up indicators and targets for the team.
Make sure APT targets are compatible with Department targets.
Lead APT monthly meeting.
Motivate teams make suggestions for improvement. Make sure these suggestions are implemented within the deadline.
Work with APU support departments to sort out identified problems in the logistics or production sector.
Keep informed the Plant Supply Chain manager of any problem likely to have a significant impact on the logistics activities.
Is in charge of all inventory counting taking place in his sector.
- Is involved in any action aimed at improving theses standards: Is involved in all inventory counting taking place in his sector.
Responsible for E.H. & S. and for the application of safety standards and for adhering to QS9000, V5000, TS16949, V1000 and ISO 14001 requirements where applicable
Support activities to achieve and maintain the Quality System, Valeo 1000, and Valeo 5000.
Actively participate in and support the implementation of the Valeo Production System (VPS).
Insure the implementation of the 5 Valeo Core Strategies.
Apply Valeo 5 core methodology, execute Logistics QRQC when necessary, and put the chase-up process in place
What education and education level are necessary for the position? Engineering school or equivalent, added by the Basics of SCM from APICS certification.
How many years of professional experience in a specific professional area are required for the position? 3 Years in Supply Chain Management