Ubisoft Craiova is looking for programmers to join our team which is in charge of UbiServices, part of the Ubisoft online services platform designed to offer solutions that enrich our players experiences. As a member of our team, you will be directly involved in the development and improvement of the platform and its SDKs, offering optimized C++ HTTP clients compatible with all consoles and development platforms that the ambitious Ubisoft production teams use across the world.
UbiServices provides a simple API for standard services that should be part of every Ubisoft game. The UbiServices C++ client SDK facilitates the interaction between game and the standard services. It encapsulates HTTP asynchronous calls and provides a C++ interface to easily integrate the services within Ubisofts titles. This SDK is used in all Ubisofts AAA games. It supports home consoles, PCs and mobile platforms.
- Be part of a cohesive team, invested in the development of our products that cover various subjects such as authentication, cross-play experience, matchmaking and other services to engage players;
- Develop a performant C++ client SDK that lets games easily access the Ubisoft global services, in cooperation with Montreal teams working on the Ubisoft platform;
- Analyze and extract the functionality requirements of the different backend services in collaboration with other team members;
- Design with your colleagues a client solution that integrates with the rest of the SDK and takes advantage of platform specific APIs as much as possible;
- Implement always with backwards compatibility in mind in order to support older SDK versions;
- Test your solutions on all supported platforms (PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, iOS/Android, Windows, Linux, Google Stadia etc);
- Stay in tune with the latest technological advancements in console, desktop, mobile development and in game development in general;
- Work in a competitive environment that will allow you to grow by acquiring programming expertise and game development knowledge.
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 3 years of experience in one of the following domains:
- C/C++/C# development;
- Mobile development;
- Unity game development.
- Attention to details and a high regard to code quality for you and your teammates;
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology and the Scrum/Kanban framework;
- Good written and spoken English.
The following points are an advantage:
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming; HTTP client-server applications; STL and algorithms;
- Knowledge of cmake;
- Knowledge of C#-C++ interoperability;
- Knowledge of Git, Gitlab and continuous integration and deployment platforms (CI/CD);
- Experience with unit and integration tests;
- Experience with python, bash or batch.
- You are autonomous, rigorous and open to learning;
- You like working in a team and you possess good relational abilities;
- You value high quality work over quantity;
- You have the ability to adapt to change.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
- Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
- Relaxation room;
- Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
- Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
- Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
- Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
- 7card offers.
Ubisoft Craiova has been an important component in strengthening the foundation of one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania. The studio has had experience in the development of video games since 2008 and now works on the production and testing of some of the biggest AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon. The studio is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching player lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will get the opportunity to grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.