DB Global Technology is Deutsche Bank’s technology center in Central and Eastern Europe. Opened in January 2014, the Bucharest office is constantly expanding.
The team is made up of enthusiastic professionals that work in an international environment adapting to different context and learning new technologies and parts of Deutsche Banks’ businesses. We are flexible about our working locations and travel abroad to enable project success and speed up delivery and knowledge transfer activities.
Every day we look at what needs to be done to support continuous business and how to improve current activities. Changing the Bank is a challenging endeavor which we tackle every day and enjoy our success when our efforts fundamentally change how Deutsche Bank works.
Join us and be part of the next big thing in Digital Banking!
we trust you to
- Work within software development projects as a Senior API Engineer to develop new and maintain existing micro services and APIs for Online & Mobile banking and other applications.
- Bring your experience to actively help to increase the stability and reliability of the developed solutions, identify and fix bugs and increase test automation of the services to maintain.
- Use your experience as a Senior API Engineer to evaluate and ensure that your services can be operated flawlessly on the provided platform, even under high load scenarios such as more than 50,000-100,000 parallel front-end user sessions in parallel with a further 60,000 middleware user sessions.
- Act as a contact person for service engineering related topics raised by (junior) service engineers (whose coaching you actively help to shape) and other team members.
- Deliver training sessions for other development teams and promote an efficient transfer of know-how.
- Work on a web application that is highly visible to customers and relevant to the Deutsche Bank’s reputation.
we`D love you to bring
- Extensive professional experience and expert knowledge (also practical) in the area of Service Engineering for IT solutions/ applications with Java and NodeJS.
- Extensive professional experience and expert knowledge (also practical) for highly available and load-resistant web applications visible to end customers, with regularly more than 50,000 parallel front-end user sessions.
- Extensive professional experience and expert knowledge (also practical) in service deployment and service meshes like Istio.
- Advanced knowledge (also practical) Atlassian JIRA, IntelliJ, Artifactory, GIT, Jenkins.
- A passion for constantly learning and applying new technologies and programming languages in a constantly evolving web environment.
- Extensive professional experience and expert knowledge (also practical) to work in agile delivery teams, and participate in pair programming and regular code reviews.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, strong independence and initiative.
- Experience in technical and methodological coaching of junior Service Engineers, and active participation in the continuous development of colleagues.
- Fluent in spoken and written English, German is a plus
what we`ll offer you
- Medical care and life insurance
- Extra days off
- The coolest office
- Continuous learning – tech & soft skills (Pluralsight always here to help)
- Our most fun, professional nanny for your kids to spend time with – both on site and online
- Our personal trainer – both on site and online
- Free TNB theatre tickets
- Our own music band
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.