All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Senior Automation Cloud Engineer-210003L9Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
Oracle is seeking a Cloud Engineer for the Cloud Engineering Team. Who we are
Subject Matter Experts with experience in development ranging from Infrastructure Automation to Cloud Automation with primary focus on Cloud Migration
What is our mission
Work with Oracle ISV’s (Independent Software Vendor) to migrate their solutions into Oracle Cloud. Create state of the art infrastructure as code for our partners.
Our deliverables are developed using the newest Agile Methodologies with two weeks sprints iterations. Each engagement is tailored to the partner’s use case and available resources.
What you will be asked to do
- As a member of the Cloud Engineering Team, you will actively develop automations for moving ISV workloads into Oracle cloud
- Develop expertise in the Oracle Cloud technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud platform.
- Working with top ISV partners: educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important organizations in the world.
- In partnership with the other ISV teams, and working side-by-side with Oracle Cloud Architects offer technical solutions for migrating ISV applications to Oracle Cloud services.
- Create general automation libraries in order to facilitate code re-usability and achieve fast delivery for customers
- Drive end-to-end project implementations from a technical perspective and join the team effort in developing qualitative features and technical deliverables.
- We will encourage you to use a percentage of your working time for personal technical development and career path.
- What we will look for you to know Experience with scripting/programming languages like Bash, Python, Ruby PL/SQL, Perl, Node.js or Java Would be a plus:
- Knowledge in cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, micro-services)
- Experience working with containers and CI/CD (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in system administration with knowledge in HA/DR, networking, monitoring and applications
- Experience working with at least one cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce.com, IBM Cloud) Experience with at least one configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Experience with at least one automation tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Maven etc.
- Knowledge of specific frameworks, libraries and platforms (e.g. Eclipse, Maven, ADF, Node.js, jQuery)
- Experience with Agile methodology, using industry standard cloud development practices and devops tooling
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Willingness to do development activities on specific assignments
- Very good written and spoken English
- Valuable soft skills: teamwork, knowledge sharing, self-driven; communication skills
Sounds like the perfect job?
Oracle is a very successful, profitable and leading international IT provider. With more than 80.000 employees, Oracle provides an environment that enables employees to learn, grow and be successful. Specifically related to the pre-sales role in the service center we provide:
An environment that is focused on continuous learning;
Ample opportunity to train on new products and to develop new personal skills;
A combination of deploying technical knowledge and presentation abilities;
A challenging and interesting work environment with the possibility for interaction with colleagues, customers and partners;
Attractive salary and benefits;
Excellent possibilities to develop yourself and your career.
The future is exciting. Ready?
To apply, connect with us and register your CV
Oracle Recruiting: "Continuously selected by our clients as the exclusive vendor of preeminent talent"
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Internet Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts with minimal supervision. Develop and deliver proposed solution to customers. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform responsibilities is 10%
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Regular Employee Hire