About DB Global Technology:
DB Global Technology (DBGT) is the newly established European development center in Bucharest, Romania. As a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank AG, DBGT is a dedicated application development and software engineering center for leading-edge technology solutions that power the future of global capital markets. DBGT partners with the Deutsche Bank Group Technology and Operations division to access superior technology skills and promote innovation in the development of software applications and IT solutions.
About Group Treasury
Treasury plays an important role in holistic bank-wide management of capital and liquidity to deliver high value risk management decisions and support strategic goals of the businesses, both at a Group and legal entity level.
Key responsibilities for Treasury are to make sure that there is enough liquidity in the bank at any given point in time, that there is capital available when needed and that funds can be raised as and when necessary, all at a reasonable cost whilst balancing the needs of business growth and regulatory demands. Treasury's role extends to business steering through the effective transfer pricing of these liquidity and capital resources to the businesses.
Treasury operates across the globe with major hubs in Frankfurt, London, Singapore and New York. We also have representation in Sydney, Tokyo, Dubai, Shanghai and Sao Paulo.
The C++/VC++ developer will design and develop application code for Kondor+, in response to business requirements and problem tickets, as a part of the Kondor development team.
Components will be defined and implemented in close collaboration with Treasury business and Treasury IT team. The workflow comprises the delivery of interfaces to/between the existing product instance, production support teams.
- Designs, develops and documents C++/VC++ based software components for the Kondor+ backend and Frontend in accordance with requirements, potential frontend integration, functional and technical design documents.
- Completes and elaborates technical software design (high level design) in accordance with solution(s) standards set by Treasury IT architect, Lead Technical specialist and documents of the same.
- Participates in design/code reviews and resolve findings in reviews (4 eyes principle) of developed source code
- Identifies dependencies between software product components, between technical components (such as database tables and master data files), and between applications and interfaces.
- Assesses and identifies mitigation of risks including those related to high level design, integration, and quality of data.
- Identifies product integration verifications to be performed based on the integration sequence and relevant dependencies.
- Determines the impact on test and production environment (if any).
- Contributes to Level 2 support including problem and root cause analysis
- Ensures architectural changes (as defined by group architects) are implemented
- Fixes software defects/bugs
- Measures and analyzes code for quality
- Provides development estimates
- Ensures that all code changes are tracked and recorded through the groups change management process and that development is scheduled and approved
- Provides release deployments on non production management controlled environments
- Captures build and deployment notes, develops software product deployment & operating instructions
- Supports creation of software product training materials, software product user guides, and software product deployment instructions
- Checks consistency of documents with the respective software product release
- Collaborates with functional analysts and technical specialists to complete work, as required
- Designs and implements test cases in collaboration with QA lead including expected results and handle negative test case scenarios – utilize and/or develop automation for test cases.
- Ensures adequate and accurate documentation at various stages of work in accordance with SDLC documentation requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience in implementing OOPS concepts.
- Messaging Technology and Tools: JMS or comparable low latency systems
- Experience with SOAP, Web Services.
- Database Technologies: Sybase , SQL and T-SQL
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux scripting, and basic systems administration skills (utilities, commands, editors, basic investigation)
- Knowledge of VC++ and Microsoft Foundation Classes ( MFC ) useful
- Experience of working in a team development environment as well as globally distributed project team
- Experience in source code management, continuous build and integration technologies and hands-on experience with resp. tools, e.g. Perforce/Subversion/GIT, Microsoft Visual Studio .Net IDE.
- Knowledge of network, system security and compliance practices.
- Ability to write high quality code according to DB standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to solve production problems
- Hands‐on contributor
- We expect a result focused person
- Keeps pace with technical innovation
- Proficient written and spoken English.
- Strong interfacing with other groups (global team), i.e. on the infrastructure, application, business layer is essential.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in computer science or software engineering - (or equivalent diploma/work experience)
- min 5 years of work experience in IT
- 3+ years of application developer experience
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.