DB Global Technology is Deutsche Bank’s technology center in Central and Eastern Europe. Opened in January 2014, the Bucharest office is constantly expanding.
The team is made up of enthusiastic professionals that work in an international environment adapting to different context and learning new technologies and parts of Deutsche Banks’ businesses. We are flexible about our working locations and travel abroad to enable project success and speed up delivery and knowledge transfer activities.
Every day we look at what needs to be done to support continuous business and how to improve current activities. Changing the Bank is a challenging endeavor which we tackle every day and enjoy our success when our efforts fundamentally change how Deutsche Bank works.
Join us and be part of the next big thing in Digital Banking!
we trust you to
- Work within software development projects as a Data Engineer to provide fast and reliable data solutions for new Online & Mobile banking solutions and other applications
- Focus on the design and setup of databases, data models, data transformations (ETL), critical Online banking business processes in the context payments/ transactions.
- Partner with Service/Backend Engineers to integrate data provided by legacy IT solutions into your designed databases, and make it accessible to the services consuming those data.
- Contribute to data harmonization as well as data cleansing.
- Collaborate with Product Owners as well as the team members in regards to design and implementation of data analytics solutions and act as support during the conception of products and solutions.
- Act as a contact person for all Data-related topics and questions - both from the Data Engineers (by actively coaching them) and from the other team members.
- Use your experience and know-how to ensure that your solutions are highly scalable and can be operated absolutely flawlessly under very high load scenarios (more than 25,000-50,000 parallel customer accesses).
- Work on a data platform for a web/mobile application that is highly visible to customers and relevant to our reputation, and keep the necessary calmness and a consistently high level of quality even in critical project phases
we`d love you to bring
- Strong professional experience and expert knowledge (also practical) of database systems and database structures; at least experience to work with two of the following database technologies: Relational, Document, Key-Value.
Strong professional experience and expert knowledge (also practical) in working with (large-scale) structured and unstructured data.
Advanced knowledge (also practical) on common data structures.
Expert knowledge (also practical) on design principles of ETL processes in the DWH environment / Data Lake.
Advanced knowledge (also practical) of SQL and GraphQL.
Broad knowledge on mathematical models / statistics.
Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking and strategic planning skills.
Excellent communication skills, strong independence and initiative, ability to work in agile delivery teams.
Experience in technical and methodological coaching of junior Data Engineers, and active participation in the continuous development of colleagues.
A passion for constantly learning and applying new technologies and programming languages in a constantly evolving web environment.
Proficiency in spoken and written English; German is a plus.
what we`ll offer you
- Medical care and life insurance
- Extra days off
- The coolest office
- Continuous learning – tech & soft skills (Pluralsight always here to help)
- Our most fun, professional nanny for your kids to spend time with – both on site and online
- Our personal trainer – both on site and online
- Free TNB theatre tickets
- Our own music band
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.