Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
As a Software Developer/Automation Engineer for QA Automation, you will be responsible for creating the automation tools and also for validation and integration of turnkey software systems based on THALES software solutions in the fields of image processing, biometrics, automated fingerprint identification for a worldwide customer base which includes law enforcement, government, and commercial customers.
For this job, you must be a software developer willing to create automation tools and perform automated testing or a QA Automation capable to create automated tools and scripts from scratch (developing applications/tools in Java and .Net).
A week in the life of a Software Developer/Automation Engineer:
• Perform the entire validation process of biometric products and integrate them into the customer environment with a focus on automated testing;
• Create an automatic test framework for the backend and frontend components;
• Test Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications;
• Maintaining the continuous integration tests tools;
• Perform functional, non-functional with a focus on automated testing;
• Create/execute Test Cases;
• Create/execute the test plan and present the test results;
• Execute regression tests and initiate corrective action if needed;
• Collaborate with developers and client engineers as needed to resolved problems and identify the root cause of product defects;
• Analyzing business logic, software requirements, user stories, and use cases, implementing tests, executing and analyzing results, implementation & maintenance of the automated testing strategy according to business requirements and core products;
• Provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality;
• Deploy and integrate validated components with external systems;
• Manage the test environments;
• Continuously look for opportunities for self-training, propose, and uses automated testing tools.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience;
• 3-5 years of Development/Tester/Quality Assurance Engineer related experience with automation testing, good knowledge of validation methodologies, processes, and tools.
• Experience using different types of testing (Functional, Regression, Smoke, Sanity);
• Experience in functional, non-functional testing and automated testing;
• Experience with bug tracking and reporting systems (Jira);
• Microsoft Windows OS relevant experience (installation, configuration);
• Experience using Java, .NET, Python – intermediate level;
• Basic networking knowledge;
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL and Database servers (Oracle is an advantage);
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions;
• Problem solving and analytical skills, capable to openly present her/his own ideas;
• Independent and highly self-motivated with a strong customer focus;
• Up to date with latest technologies being used in testing to apply them on the job and able to communicate about upcoming releases and best practices to internal groups;
• Fluent in English, in verbal and written communication;
• Availability for travel abroad, mostly within the EMEA region (when it will be safe to travel, up to 30%).
Nice to have capabilities:
• Linux system administration experience;
• UNIX and Windows scripting experience - .bat, shell (.sh);
• Network infrastructure administration (firewalls, routers, switches);
• Knowledge of fingerprint, facial or iris biometrics;
• Manual Testing knowledge.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!