Within the Autonomous Mobility & Safety Division your engineering skills can make a difference in the development of exciting new automotive products and technologies. Autonomous Mobility & Safetyy Division in Iasi contributes to the Continental Automotive research and development effort over tree main branches:
• Systems and Technology where tomorrow’s Autonomous Mobility & Safety products are foreseen and integrated into highly automated vehicle driving functionalities
• Vehicle Dynamics Business Unit provides highly advanced braking technologies for all vehicle types, usable in vehicle ranging from small cars right to transportation vehicles.
• Steering Segment, modern Electric Power Steering systems are developed, making the driving experience for the driver safer and at the same time, reducing the fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
• Passive Safety and Sensorics concentrates in Iasi in developing a state of the art active body roll stabilization system that reduces the body roll of the vehicle and enhances the lateral vehicle stability when cornering.
• Advanced Driver Assistance Systems is providing both sensors (from simple ultrasonic parking sensors to radars and advanced stereo or surround view cameras) and computation platforms for running safety, maneuvering and cruising functionalities.
As a System Project Manager in our VED group, your responsibilities will be:
• Plans, coordinates and directs the product development and the project team/sub-team, by using defined processes, methods, and tools
• Reports the progress and status of the project to internal and external stakeholders
• Manage and find solutions of technical issues jointly with the engineering team
• Evaluate Customer Requirements on system level, if necessary together with base development.
• Act as an interface between Engineering Teams and Project Management
• Close collaboration with software and testing departments to ensure correct implementation in the project
• Prepare decision options for management and customer
• Act as main engineering interface to the customer
• Represent technical decisions in the project
• Prepare and support system release activities
• Act as first escalation step for team members
• Escalate project risks and issues to management
You will have an assigned mentor for the entire integration period that will help you understand the organization, integrate into the project team and take over your responsibilities. Qualifications • Engineering degree in a relevant field (Automation and Computer science, Telecommunication, Electronics, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
• Relevant experience in automotive or similar industry
• Experience in international teams
• Good planning and organizing skills
• Proven initiative taking and problem solving capabilities
• Good English writing, reading and speaking
Would be an advantage:
• Knowledge of automotive specific standards and processes (e.g. ASPCIE, TS 16949)
• German language