Lead and drive all aspects of Test Assurance for end to end testing associated with high profile projects and programmes within the VF-RO Testing team. This includes driving all contributing domains and stakeholders to meet agreed testing and quality entry criteria, prior to starting end to end testing. It also includes ensuring that successful end to end testing results in a project/programme launch with no unexpected customer impacting issues and hence provides a positive customer experience. The role will also involve delivering successful test campaigns through 3rd party partners, and evaluating and proactively resolving customer issues; estimating, managing, monitoring, and reporting project cost and schedule.
In achieving this you will be accountable for adherence to VF-RO Testing principles, standards and rules of engagement
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Reduce time to market with rapid and accurate manual and automated testing that continually improves and innovates.
• Provide accurate information, on items, to allow stakeholders to make decisions based on risk.
• Proactively seeks to investigate and validate reported test case/script failure, and defect fixes and provide and record detailed information that allows efficient resolution to defects.
• Work with Quality and Test Assurance Manager and Test Lead in identifying the key quality risks/issue using the Team Quality Principles framework and working with the project team to solve/close those
• When required supports vendor assessment activities including the production of RFIs and the reviewing of responses, for a test quality and fitness for purpose perspective
• Provides and maintains clear goals and objectives
• Previous experience in managing small to medium size testing teams is a definite plus
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Strong knowledge of IT and network technologies in a telecommunications and corporate environment.
- Sound ability to balance technical testing deliverables and business benefits
- Deep knowledge of testing life-cycle from design to operate and relative models
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to balance and resolve conflicts of interest
- Proven track record of execution to make things happen.
- Ability to work across multi-functional and cultural boundaries to deliver services and change
- Excellent communications skills – especially interpreting requirements
- Ability to facilitate group sessions and model business processes (both current state and future state) to identify areas of improvement.
- English (B2 or above)
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• University degree in computer science, electrical / electronic / telecommunications engineering.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mobile operating company.
Knowledge in the following software technologies:
- .NET 3.5
- C#, design patterns,
- IIS, SQL 2005, MSMQ, relational database design
- Microsoft Visual SourceSafe and Subversion (SVN).
- TCP/IP, SSL, OOA/OOD, XML, XSD, ASP.NET, FLEX, JAVA, HTML5
- Architecture and Design
- Acceptance into the network
- Integration (changing the network)
- Developing Products and software development processes and practises
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- Work from Home – You can have home office 2 days per week
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology