In this role, the Android Applications Engineer is responsible to develop, debug, inspect and test software modules for native Android applications within an agile development team responsible for multiple software product offerings.
- Develop, debug, inspect and test software modules to meet the criteria and deliverables identified within the assigned task;
- Ensures that all defined development policies, procedures and standards are followed and that development activities are delivered within agreed timescales, of high quality and are fit for purpose;
- Understands the company current software projects and used technologies;
- Understands the structural design of databases;
- Evaluates emerging technologies and makes recommendations to the team;
- Work with the other developers to debug or eliminate errors from the system;
- Design loosely coupled, reusable, and testable code structures;
- Active participation in our internal workshops to discuss/plan the project, and to design software architectures that meet technical and business requirements;
- Able to understand use cases, process flows, and other functional and technical specifications to implement software solutions;
- Testing of own, ensure all specified functionality has been delivered and all performance constraints have been met;
- Be passionate about improving code performance as well as UX;
- Continuously study to keep skills up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or any related field);
- 3+ years working experience on Android platform;
- Strong object-oriented design and analysis skills experience;
- Experience with Android Studio, Java, Android SDK, SQLite, Networking, Multithreading;
- Experience in building lightweight and responsive mobile interfaces
- Knowledge around implementing communication with external BLE / Wi-Fi devices is nice to have;
- Experience with web technologies (REST/JSON);
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Experience of working in a global environment.