All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Apex Applications Developer 2-21000C2LApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
Main Objective of the Job :
Troubleshoot and debug existing applications and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Acts as a team lead on projects. Participate in development of software user manuals and help train users with functionality of application upgrades. Work independently on assigned development tasks. This role will entail collaborating with business owners and translating the business requirements into technical solutions. Will need to support multiple Lines of business, should be good at multitasking different development/enhancement requests.
This individual will need research and analytical skills to build custom applications, maintain database and analytics environments, guide the project management team and provide insight into future technologies. Liaise with Technical Teams for service requests and upgrades.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the Technical Services team, assist with the analysis of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Responsibilities and Daily Tasks:
• Develop applications using Oracle Application Express (APEX)
• Collaborate with business analysts, global process owners, others to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications
• Collect and document user requirements
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of application software
• Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
• Participate in peer-review of solution designs and related code
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications
• Configure services for performance, security, and error handling
• Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement
• Assist in the collaboration required for shared development environments
• Assists in determining and enforcing development standards and best practices
• Performance Tuning
• Perform application related Security
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field and 3+ years of work experience in job offered or 3+ years of work experience in a computer-related occupation.
• Strong hands on experience Oracle Apex application development (*preferred)
• Proficiency in RDBMS concepts & advanced experience in creating & using database objects required.
• Designing, developing and testing of packages, procedures, functions, views and triggers
• Oracle Integrated Development Environments such as Oracle SQL Developer
• PL/SQL Developer
• Any experience or knowledge in BI, Data Visualization and Python/R will be an advantage.
• Education or experience should include: 1) Designing, developing, testing/QA and implementing software utilizing SQL and PL/SQL
• Oracle database experience (*preferred)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage the development of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment based on competing priorities
• Oracle Database
• Web Services
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform detailed design based on provided high level design specifications. Assist in system planning, scheduling and implementation. Build enhancements (including new product features) and resolve bugs. Build and execute unit test and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Interact with QA and porting engineering about problems in the code.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Regular Employee Hire