As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.For additional information, visit , or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.We are a global unified telecommunications company and as such we have a global infrastructure comprising multiple physical data centers and AWS/Cloud regions. We are looking for someone up to the challenge to help us bring order, consistency, high availability, and consistency across what we do on the data & database management side. The ultimate goal is to help us build shared infrastructure services and automate everything from a data services point-of-view, whether it’s a database, NoSQL, or something that holds data to be consumed by others.
- You’ll help implement, support, and maintain data services used by 8x8. At first, the focus will be on MySQL, PostgresSQL, Oracle RDBMS other data platforms such as Kafka, Redis.
- Automate provisioning of data-services backends.
- Follow best practices, work with application teams on best practices and ensure they are followed.
- Enable self-service as much as possible via automation so that application teams can do what they need without you, focus on the engineering aspect primarily
- Automate schema updates/migration via common pipelines and pattern to be used by application teams in their deployment processes
- Help drive migrating legacy data-platforms to new platforms. Both on-premise datacenters and in the Cloud.
- Help automate the automated deployment, CI / CD of all of our services in a consistent and reliable way to production, at scale
- Develop monitors and build alerts around error conditions and performance.
- Ensure testing of everything done by you and the team.
- Be expected to learn new things and technologies as needed.
- Be on call when needed to support the infrastructure and our systems
- Proven experience in MySQL, PostgresSQL, and Oracle RDBMS administration including design, installation, patching/upgrade, configuration, monitoring, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Redis, Kafka, and Elasticsearch would be a big plus.
- Proven experience with managing database services in AWS cloud.
- Strong development/automation skills. Must be very comfortable coding Python and Shell scripting.
- Experience provisioning systems and applications programmatically
- Experience managing Linux system is required, at scale
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience automating from dev to production the push of services to production.
- Terraform is a big plus
- Kubernetes and best practices around it are a big plus
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers,