Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Short task description
Implement a generic and highly customizable CI/CD solution that will be used by the majority of Thales products. Configure and integrate engineering tools (ex: software static and dynamic analysis, code coverage measuring, monitoring tools, etc.) into the integration, delivery and deployment process. Participate in improvement projects with the focus of increasing the quality and efficiency of the whole development process.
The team is international (Romania, Germany, France, Austria) so you will use English both written and orally.
Job responsibilities include:
- Build and test the reference hybrid architecture of CI/CD pipeline with connection to labs on premises
- Implement and test shared libraries and pipeline templates
- Build and test containerization of pipeline steps
- Integrate development tools in different engineering environments
- Work with different internal teams to understand product domains and follow architectural design and documentation
- Build and test the reference architecture of CI/CD pipeline in private clouds or on premises
- Documentation of the work results
The development will be performed in a professional environment in close co-operation with experts from Germany (Stuttgart, Berlin) and Austria (Wien).
We are looking for an outstanding applicant who can demonstrate the following qualities:
- Technical study of Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Electronics or similar)
Requested technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Jenkins Pipelines and Groovy or Gitlab CI
- Experience with SCM, code quality, artifacts repos, security testing and other engineering tools
- Knowledge of Promotheus and Graphana or similar solutions
- Experience with Bash, Python and scripting in general
- Linux or other Unix Server OS experience
- Knowledge of containers and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
Would be a plus:
- Chef/Puppet/Ansible Configuration Management tools - an advantage
- Experience working on Public Cloud and associated solutions: AWS, Azure
- Infrastructure as Code or GitOps – an advantage
- Experience with software build systems (Maven or Gradle)
- Experience with version control tools
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Very good cognitive aptitudes
- Interpersonal qualities (sociability, empathy, flexibility)
- Self-management qualities (consciousness, tolerance)
- Good work attitude (task orientation, assertiveness)
- At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!