How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Experience of implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting complex enterprise-level Microsoft and Linux based systems in a fast-paced commercial environment, with the ability to resolve issues or escalate in a concise manner
• Experience with Unix/Linux
• Experience with a RESTful architecture
• Understanding of IP and broadcast networking as well as data center infrastructure.
• Full understanding of internet protocols like HTTP, HTPP/2, RTP, RTCP, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP,
• Experience of providing 2nd-3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment
• Experience in supporting VMware environments
• Experience of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (e.g Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python)
• Knowledge of systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds, and monitoring tools. e.g: Puppet, Jenkins
• Experience of configuring and maintaining a range of common server applications, including Apache, Samba, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, MS SQL, Sharepoint, etc
• Experience in Media Delivery Platform & Content Protection implementation of B2C video services is a plus
• Understanding of entertainment technology & ecosystem from Video Head-End (DVB technologies) & Media Delivery Platforms, and Apps (IOS, Android, HTML5) is a plus
• Familiarity around Video CAS, DRM, Video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, Application Services, CDN, Ad Insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, cDVR is a plus
• Knowledge &/or experience of using Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, etc.
• Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
• Understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs, and firewalls
• Experience of Client liaison, including acting as a Technical Representative in meetings with a Client’s technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to process and present complex system information in a clear and concise fashion for escalation to senior teams for prompt issue resolution.
• Familiarity with micro-services based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Knowledge of CDN technologies and next-generation CDN technologies is a plus
• Experience with working in an international and distributed team environment is a plus
• Experience in technical delivery management
• Familiarity with related IT systems (OSS & BSS)
• Fluent spoken and written English
The impact of your role at Ericsson
A 2nd line person has to support and fixed all business as usually related issues in complex enterprise systems, based on handover (training & documentation) from Tech Delivery teams. This would require a very good level of understanding and experience of MS/Linux servers, networking & storage, which would be assumed knowledge. They should understand how we use certain technologies, follow the guidelines & be able to resolve issues quickly or collate precise information for escalation to the 3rd line. 2nd Line Engineer should take ownership of issues through to resolution and communicate to the customer. This role is for a System Engineer that will operate, maintain, and expand the IT systems (platforms) providing Live and On-Demand video services for a Pan European operator from the centralized NOC
You will also:
• Support and manage entire architecture (Linux Based) for Video services
• Performs configurations and implementation (deployment) of various components both on physical and virtual hardware
• Perform integration between various components
• Supports capacity and planning to model against requirements
• Actively participate and coordinate tests to verify new platform functionality
• Assist affiliates in setting up operational procedures to run/implement new functionality
• Provides knowledge transfer
• Provides handover documentation
• Provide expertise in the analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with vendors and other Corporate teams as needed
• Troubleshoot and identify software bugs, perform root cause analysis on performance issues as needed.
• Provide feedback to the T&I teams (Technology, Product, IT) concerning the performance and capacity of the interactive platform in production.
• Work closely with the NOC department and NMS team to set the requirements for alarm management.
• Application support on Linux and Solaris systems.
• Administering MySQL databases, Perl and PHP application scripts, and storage systems
• Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the Interactive Video solutions
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Medical & life insurance;
• Gym subscription;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on the flexible benefits portal;
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• In case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting colleagues are looking forward to presenting them to you once applied.