We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job title: Portfolio Engineer
Based at: Sofia, Bulgaria
In Central Eastern Europe, Alstom is Number 1 mobility player with 7,000 people in 20 countries and over 10 industrial sites.
For almost 30 years, Alstom has been an innovative pioneer playing an important role in Romania’s transition towards a modern and sustainable railway transport. From state-of-the-art digital rail control, to infrastructure and electrification projects, along with metro trains and the long-term maintenance of the metro fleet in the country’s capital city Bucharest, Alstom is constantly making a difference in the mainline and urban rail transport in Romania.
In Bulgaria we manage several projects including a major contract to design and install an ERTMS signalling and telecommunication system along the Bulgarian 300-km Plovdiv-Burgas railway line (one of the most important rail signalling projects in Europe in recent years).
Through the diversity and complexity of its projects, Alstom is a very attractive employer for the young generations of specialists, giving them a unique chance to professionally grow in an international environment with access to worldwide knowledge and capabilities.
The portfolio engineer act as the engineering single point of contact for a given customer of Geographic Area.
Address technical escalations transversal to multiple projects within the area of competence
Manage Technical Solution and its evolution for the area of competence.
Lead/support solution definition during BID phase
Supervise bids and projects in order to ensure proper application of the Technical solution strategy
Validate technical offer and engineering estimations for the bids in the area of competence
Act as mentor to Junior Project Engineers in the area of competence and has a strong relationship with Product Family Team.
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Manage Technical solution and review engineering estimates for Bids in the area of competence
- Support Project engineers in the area of competence
- Manage Technical roadmap for customers in the area of competence and support sales team
- Manage Technical escalations with customers in the area of competence
Experience & Qualification:
- Engineering (BS+MS) degree or 10 years of experience of managing projects from technical point of view.
- At least 10 years of working experience in railway signalling.
- Knowledge of the following norms is mandatory: EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129 and EN 50159.
- Strong knowledge of signalling rules in the country
- Basic knowledge of Product Management, especially related to obsolescence management or product roadmap.
- Basic knowledge of procedures, instructions and approvals in Bid phase.
- 5 years working experience of technical project management of a railway signalling system (and/or subsystem)
- 10 years working experience in a railway signalling multinational company or multinational/multisite team
- Proven Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Bulgarian language - fluent
- English language - fluent
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.