This opportunity is a contractor role working for Electronic Arts Romania hired through Smartree for 12 months.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Quality Analyst oversees the test coverage strategy to ensure the software meets our players expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and goals, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the quality of targeted test items. You will be the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project.
The Quality Analyst champions best practice and progress in testing, playing an important role in ensuring testing processes are up-to-date and accurate. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from partners.
- Work with Project Managers and Quality Designers to help define and deliver the quality verification test strategy.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the area being analyzed. Be the central contact person for multiple the assigned area/project.
- Practice an advanced use and manipulation of test tools (or driving the vision/concept for new tools that have been developed/acquired)
- Review database issues and consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required while working closely with the Project Manager.
- Collaborate with peers and senior individual contributors to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, supported by available data. Look for creative means of tracking data to support further transformation of QV testing practices.
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing qualitative or design feedback, technical solutions before integration from a player perspective.
- Make use of analytics and telemetry data to create improved test strategies
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain.
- 3+ years of experience with and knowledge of software testing processes, automated testing, testing technique, test case design.
- You're able to share complex technical information to different teams and partners, within and outside of the quality verification team.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QV role at each stage.
- Enjoy working in a distributed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions.
- Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance & Certification requirements.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Relevant work experience.
- Experience with quality assurance principles and practices, particularly within an agile software development environment.
- About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.