Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
As a Splunk Administrator, you’ll be involved in ensuring the reliability and availability Splunk infrastructure for Adobe. Candidates who fit this role will have a strong Linux system administration and Software development background. Splunk Enterprise experience is a plus.
This position requires strong technical communication, troubleshooting/problem-solving, creativity, and the ability to engage professionally with many teams at Adobe. A candidate would also be expected to take stretch-goals and strive to learn and grow. While this job involves maintaining our Splunk infrastructure, previous experience is not required ( Splunk training is provided)
We’re looking for strong Linux knowledge and the knowledge to automate and improve Splunk workflows and infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
Areas of focus for this role include but are not limited to:
- Operational Support - Maintain a Splunk Enterprise infrastructure collecting over 130TB/dayWe receive numerous requests daily to update, expand, and support our customers. We need someone to be able to understand customer requests and provide a responsive and friendly service, participating in an on-call rotation to handle escalation issues. Assist with day-to-day management of Splunk infrastructure (capacity planning, monitoring, dashboarding)Assist in troubleshooting and resolving system outages or performance impact and communicate findings for ongoing improvement.Assist in integrating diverse technologies in multiple environments to provide monitoring, alerting, and reporting of performance and costs.Assist with making sure our services are in line with compliance and security regulations
- Performance & Optimization / DevOps and Automation – Work with product teams to determine correct workloads and provide optimization guidelines regarding supported platforms. We need someone who can ensure that services are running at peak performance and throughput at all times. Build and manage automated testing and validation for system configuration.Build and manage automation pipelines for operational and self-service workflows.Build and manage automation inside configuration management tools.
- Service Design & Support – As a member of the team the candidate will be responsible for working closely with product teams to identify service gaps, design new services or update existing technical services to fill gaps, and then implement these services/changes throughout our complex world-wide infrastructure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Excellent problem solving/problem resolution skills
- Ability to balance priorities in order to meet multiple requirements and deadlines while ensuring priority objectives receive proper emphasis.
- Strong Linux OS Administration (Redhat/CentOS preferred)
- Intermediate to Expert Python
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree+
- Splunk Enterprise 6.X-7.X (Indexers, Forwarders, Search-Heads, Clusters, etc.)
- Splunk ES
- Linux Certifications (RHCSA, RHCE, LPIC, etc.)
- Configuration Management (Salt, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Workflow Automation (RunDeck, Jenkins, etc.)