Senior Java Engineer
Nagarro helps clients transform, adapt, and build new ways into the future through an entrepreneurial, agile, and caring mindset. We excel at digital product engineering and deliver on our promise of thinking breakthroughs. Today, we are 8,400+ experts across 25 countries, forming a Nation of Nagarrians, ready to help our customers succeed.
At Nagarro, you can look forward to a work culture that is dynamic and non-hierarchical. You will be given opportunities to add value to challenging and complex assignments, while collaborating with world class technologists. The versatile environment here helps foster fresh perspectives and enables you to deliver high quality code. There will be ample opportunities provided for skill upgradation to accelerate your professional and personal development.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT FOR THIS ROLE:
- Strong experience in Java 8 or higher, Spring Framework-Core/Boot/MVC, Hibernate/JPA
- Experience with Junit/TestNG/Mockito, REST, Maven, Caching
- Experience with Cloud fundamentals (VMs & containers, IaaS, PaaS & SaaS, Cloud services, Security, Deployment)
- Experience in CI/CD DevOps - Jenkins/Docker/Ansible, Cloud – AWS Unit Testing, Performance Tuning,
- Hands on experience of RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Knowledge of VOIP is good to have
- Strong troubleshooting skills in different disparate technologies and environments
- Enthusiastic about different areas of work and exploring new technologies
- Clarity of thought and strong communication skills to effectively pitch solutions
- Ability to explore and grasp new technologies
- Mentoring your team members in projects and helping them keep up with new technologies
- Empowering the team members to be solution providers and enable a flat environment where everyone’s point of view is considered and feedback is encouraged.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This role will require 24x7 availability for supporting any critical issues
- As working on support tickets Good presentation and communication skills
- Responsible for developing Java based microservices and other applications
- Writing and reviewing great quality code
- Understanding the client’s business use cases and technical requirements and be able to convert them in to technical design which elegantly meets the requirements
- Mapping decisions with requirements and be able to translate the same to developers
- Identifying different solutions and being able to narrow down the best option that meets the client’s requirements
- Defining guidelines and benchmarks for NFR considerations during project implementation
- Writing and reviewing design document explaining overall architecture, framework, and high-level design of the application for the developers
- Reviewing architecture and design on various aspects like extensibility, scalability, security, design patterns, user experience, NFRs, etc., and ensure that all relevant best practices are followed
- Developing and designing the overall solution for defined functional and non-functional requirements; and defining technologies, patterns, and frameworks to materialize it
- Understanding and relating technology integration scenarios and applying these learnings in projects
- Resolving issues that are raised during code/review, through exhaustive systematic analysis of the root cause, and being able to justify the decision taken
- Carrying out POCs to make sure that suggested design/technologies meet the requirements